Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Just Had A New Baby/ Craft Ideas?
MCC 07:51 AM 09-17-2013
She had the baby this morning around 3am. When she picked up DCG last night she was all sweaty and pale, I asked "Are you feeling okay?" and she said "yep-just, ya know...in labor, we're going to the hospital"

Anyway- I was trying to come up with a cute craft idea that all the kids could get into for the new baby. I thought of them painting a onesie, or blanket? Maybe writing a sweet quote on it?

I'm going to take DCG out to target later to pick up a real gift, but I wanted somethings homemade from the group as well.

Any ideas?
spinnymarie 12:22 PM 09-17-2013
I had kids fabric paint on a blanket before, it was very cute. A bit heavy for a newborn, but nice anyway A onesie with everyone's handprint and name and 'my new friends' or something would be super cute and very usable!
lovemylife 12:37 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
I had kids fabric paint on a blanket before, it was very cute. A bit heavy for a newborn, but nice anyway A onesie with everyone's handprint and name and 'my new friends' or something would be super cute and very usable!
I love the idea of the Onesie!
Cradle2crayons 12:46 PM 09-17-2013
Originally Posted by lovemylife:
I love the idea of the Onesie!
I second that!! When I was pregnant with my daughter, my aunt bought a white onesie and out all of her own kids handprint in it in like a circle and it had a cute saying on it. It was my favorite outfit for my daughter. I guess because it was made with love. And every time my aunts kids saw it on my daughter, it made them smile so big!!

So I vote for onesie, or a cute banner for the nursery.... Or a cute banner or door hanger for the nursery
WImom 12:58 PM 09-17-2013
I like the onesie idea too! So cute!
blandino 01:42 PM 09-17-2013
We have always made cards. But I love the onesie idea !
Tags:craft ideas - toddlers
Reply Up