Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation Time
krosey5 09:37 AM 09-24-2013
My clients are allowed 10 days of vacation time. I require them to give a 2 weeks' notice of any vacation time. I also do not allow them to use any days as vacation that are listed as paid under the contract (my vaca/holidays/etc).

I have a parent that requested a day (well in advance) and I (just) decided to use that day as well. I feel I should allow the parent to not pay for that day since they requested before me, but do I still have a vacation day from them later?

Help
Rachel 09:49 AM 09-24-2013
If they requested it first, it is only fair for you not to charge them. They did follow the rules. I don't think you can add another vacation day just for them later.
Play Care 10:09 AM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by Rachel:
If they requested it first, it is only fair for you not to charge them. They did follow the rules. I don't think you can add another vacation day just for them later.

MamaBearCanada 10:30 AM 09-24-2013
If they requested first I don't think you should charge. However I would say if they are not paying that it doesn't count as one of your vacation days from them.

If I am sick on a day that one of my parttimers doesn't come I don't count that as one of my sick days from them. They are not paying me for that day anyway so I see it the same as if I was sick on the weekend.
melilley 10:31 AM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
If they requested first I don't think you should charge. However I would say if they are not paying that it doesn't count as one of your vacation days from them.

If I am sick on a day that one of my parttimers doesn't come I don't count that as one of my sick days from them. They are not paying me for that day anyway so I see it the same as if I was sick on the weekend.

butterfly 11:48 AM 09-24-2013
Originally Posted by Rachel:
I agree.
krosey5 12:33 PM 09-24-2013

This is how I was feeling, but it looks like it's about a 50/50 split on here.
TheGoodLife 12:37 PM 09-24-2013

This is what I was going to say- I think it should be counted as their unpaid day, but you could always use another day as a vacation day for them, if the situation arose where it would benefit you. If not, it's just one day
Sunshine75 01:48 PM 09-24-2013
I would say that it would not count as a vacation day for you. You are not charging them and so I would say save your vacation day with them for another day. Technically you are simply off without pay from them for the day.
Tags:vacation time
Reply Up