Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think I Might Understand Now...
Leanna 06:33 AM 02-05-2014
So I often read threads on here where the provider is upset/annoyed when parents bring their child to daycare when they are off or, lately, on "snow days." Well, (don't get mad!) but I always thought, "Why do I care what they are doing? They are paying me."

Well, now I think I understand a little. We got a snowstorm overnight. I don't close for snow days because I have parents who have to work regardless, but I do have one tot who's father is a teacher. I know for a fact that he doesn't have to go to work today. The child is here anyways and I am absolutely certain it is because he is going through a very difficult stage and they don't want to deal with it. They drove more than half and hour on unplowed roads and by accidents/stranded vehicles just to drop him off. It takes a lot of effort, energy, and patience to work with this child and I am not ashamed to say that I looked forward to a break.

So sorry ladies! I understand better now that maybe you just need a break from your "renegade" child too!
Tags:daycare dumpers, getting money's worth, non-working parents, parents - don't want kids, time in care
Up