Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Want to File a Complaint - Shreveport, Louisiana
TiffanyW 04:02 PM 12-14-2009
I would like some suggestions from the daycare professionals here regarding an issue I am having with a Daycare/Preschool Center in Shreveport, Louisiana. I have read over the standards and see that under 5306 Policies and Procedures Related to Children has been violated. My child as well as other children have been in the presence of derogatory remarks made towards a parent (myself) and have witnessed cursing and outrage by a worker at this facility, yet no action has been taken to resolve this matter. The worker did resign from the facility at the time of the incident, yet was allowed to return to work. I have filed a complaint with the local police department as well as gone to court. This matter is yet to be resolved and there are other events that are continuing to take place. Several complaints by numerous parents have been made to the facility, yet no action has been taken.

I feel that there is a definite need of a higher authority to get involved and investigate the issue. I am concerned for the children and the issues keep being excused. Parents as well as myself are pleased with the teachers in the facility of which our children are in the presence of on a daily basis, however, the director and administrative departments are not meeting our expectations and are making decisions that are not beneficial to our children. We placed our children in this facility because we wanted to give them the education they deserve as well as encourage the relationship and knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ. The school has great potential and wonderful loving teachers that are dedicated to the education of their students, yet they are being ridiculed and punished for standing up for the children and their best interests.

This deeply concerns me because it is hard to find placement for our children here in our city. Every parent wants what is best for their child and I feel that we are not getting that from the directors of this facility. I had my son on the waiting list for 3 years before he was able to attend this school. He loves his teacher and his friends and they love him as well, so I hate to remove him due to the administrative department not fulfilling their responsibilities.
Unregistered 04:03 PM 12-14-2009
Suggest you contact your state's licensing agency and make them aware of the situation.
TiffanyW 04:06 PM 12-14-2009
The licensing agency would not accept my complaint…any other suggestions?
Unregistered 04:12 PM 12-14-2009
Did they give a reason for not excepting the complaint? That doesn't make sence. If the lisencing agency wont accept it I would contact CPS or OCFS.
Tags:complaints, file a complaint, louisiana
Reply Up