Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What To Do ...
MsLaura529 04:12 AM 08-28-2013
So, I have a full-time opening until March. This family I interviewed with yesterday is very aware of this, and they still want to enroll. It would be a capacity issue until June when my own teacher family takes their boy out for the summer (he will be coming 1 day a week) ...

They said "well, maybe we can have grandparents watch her from March to June" ... so what do I do when that time comes? Jus give her a notice and kick her out? Has anyone had schedules and capacity overlap like that? I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble here or start a debate, I would just like to know how people might have handled this situation before.

Thanks.
coolconfidentme 05:00 AM 08-28-2013
I made a daily color coded chart to keep from going over. I'm sooo scared I would be inspected any given day. I have one parent who tries to drop off early & I remind them they cannot check in yet. It's a crazy numbers game sometimes, isn't it?
MamaBearCanada 05:20 AM 08-28-2013
Could you ask for an exemption for March - May? Or hire someone temporarily?
MsLaura529 05:24 AM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Could you ask for an exemption for March - May? Or hire someone temporarily?
I didn't know that was an option ... I could check with my licensor and see. Although, I probably won't hear anything back from her UNTIL that time, haha. She's been very sssllloooowww to work with. I will still be over my allowed 6, though ...
cheerfuldom 05:48 AM 08-28-2013
can you bring the "one over capacity" income to hire some help for that month? would that solve the ratio issue?
Familycare71 06:30 AM 08-28-2013
In NY bringing someone in wouldn't work. Personally I wouldn't go over - ya just never know when they might show up. Here it is a huge deal and I would get fined for every day I was over...
If they have it figured out tho don't worry about it- they know its coming so...
e.j. 06:00 PM 08-28-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
... so what do I do when that time comes? Jus give her a notice and kick her out?
Yup! If she signs on knowing this is the deal then I wouldn't feel too bad about letting her know when her time is up. You never know, though....things change unexpectedly sometimes. A space may open up in the meantime and then she wouldn't have to leave.

I definitely wouldn't risk going over capacity. You could check with your licensor to see what she says about giving you a variance. It never hurts to ask, right?
Tags:schedule - overlapping
Reply Up