Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Art Supplies

ARt supplies seems to be more expensive. Where everybody gets it from?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

I get a lot of my art supplies at Walmart. I also go to Pacatans for some great art ideas/project
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Child Care Provider

I stocked up at Target and Walmart after the back-to-school specials went on clearance. They were almost 75%+ off everything. I still spent $50, but I have half a small tote FULL of art supplies (not including paper).
Old 03-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I get as much as I can for the year at the back to school sales and then I supliment that stash from the dollar store *for things like feathers and stickers* and a teacher's store here in town. They teachers store has great prices on construction paper. I can get 50 12"x24" pieces for $1.61.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyou View Post
I get as much as I can for the year at the back to school sales and then I supliment that stash from the dollar store *for things like feathers and stickers* and a teacher's store here in town. They teachers store has great prices on construction paper. I can get 50 12"x24" pieces for $1.61.
Speaking of construction paper... I have tried buying it at dif stores but it all seems flimsy these days. Nothing like we used when I was a kid. We made hats and all kinds of sturdy things. Now it's very thin. Anyone know of a place that makes good sturdy paper?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:47 AM

I get mine at Lakeshore. I love Lakeshore.

I also get things at Target, JoAnns, and anywhere they sell Crayola stuff. I only use Lakeshore or Crayloa because those are the only things I trust to ACTUALLY be washable.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks everyone. Planning to go to walmart today to get supplies. Two boys are starting from Monday. I am so excited.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:37 AM

I've been buying it at discount school supplies. (online)

But, I really wish I had a Lakeshore nearby. I'd probably spend too much money there anyway.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Child Care Provider

I thought Lakeshore was only a website, do they have a building somewhere?! Does any place in St. Paul/Minneapolis sell child care supplies at a great price--maybe IKEA?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM

I buy at the back to school sales, order online (Lakeshore/Carson Dellosa etc) and make sure that donations are always welcome from parents!

Parents have asked me over the years if I like chocolates etc (who doesn't?!!) but I tell them that if they are considering buying a gift for me for Christmas etc....that I would much rather have art supplies for the day care.

Friends at church also know that if their kids grow out of certain toys, art supplies, even move up to the next size diapers and have old sizes left over....that we happily take it all!!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

Speaking of construction paper...

Has anyone else noticed that when you buy the bundles of multiple colors, the "RED" isn't actually red at all? It looks more like a hot pink? I bought 3 different packages at 3 different stores and they were all the same. NOT RED!

Valentine's Day decorations were all sorts of "pinky".
Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

I love discount school supply good stuff cheap and comes in the mail fast, and back to school sales for me.

Tags
art supplies