Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outside No Fence Solution
TaylorTots 10:17 AM 04-08-2014
I don't have a fence. I have preschoolers 2-4 that can handle outside but also two toddlers, one who mouths everything. An octagon gate isn't in the dc budget for a few weeks at least... any other ideas? :/ a tent crossed my mind even lol
Play Care 10:46 AM 04-08-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
I don't have a fence. I have preschoolers 2-4 that can handle outside but also two toddlers, one who mouths everything. An octagon gate isn't in the dc budget for a few weeks at least... any other ideas? :/ a tent crossed my mind even lol
I don't have a fence either. I just stay with the little ones and make the bigger ones stay in eye sight. I also keep my stroller handy so if one needs attention and I need to take my eyes off the other one, they get buckled in the stroller with some toys. I also use some of my patio furniture to create boundaries ("not past that chair!") which helps.
TaylorTots 10:58 AM 04-08-2014
Great ideas!!
MamaBearCanada 11:06 AM 04-08-2014
I don't know if this would work with licensing regs...

Could you make a temporary fence for a smaller area with wooden garden stakes and plyboard or thick plastic mesh back & forth between the stakes? A pack of 12 garden stakes is about $5 at home depot and 100ft of the mesh is $20. Not the most attractive but might give a visual boundary.
TaylorTots 06:33 AM 04-09-2014
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
I don't know if this would work with licensing regs...

Could you make a temporary fence for a smaller area with wooden garden stakes and plyboard or thick plastic mesh back & forth between the stakes? A pack of 12 garden stakes is about $5 at home depot and 100ft of the mesh is $20. Not the most attractive but might give a visual boundary.
I don't even have to look up licensing regulations - my homeowner's association would throw a fit and fine me big time (we live in a nice townhouse).
DuchessRavenwaves 12:04 PM 04-09-2014
Hi Taylor!

I'm a newb here, so I hope it's okay if I just jump in here.

My back yard is not fenced in, and there is an alley behind me. My backyard ends, there's an alley, and directly across the alley there's someone else's back yard, if that makes sense. The sides are fenced, it's just that back side of the yard facing the alley that's open.

I bought some orange construction fencing that I can put up across that one side while the kids are out. It's not beautiful, but I can take it down, roll it up and stick it in my garage when it's not needed. I'm guessing your housing association would not be thrilled with lovely orange fencing, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
DuchessRavenwaves 12:07 PM 04-09-2014
Looks like I can't edit my previous post...? Whoops!

I meant to add, that fencing should be here today, so we'll see how it goes! Hopefully it will do the trick and I can stop hollering, "Get back away from the alley! getbackawayfromthealley! GETBACKAWAYFROMTHEALLEY! Thank you!"
Reply Up