Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sheepishly Asking For Naming Advice!
just_peachy 02:40 PM 11-04-2013
I know I know, I swore I was never going to come back, but here I am tail between my legs.

I'm finally getting my butt in gear to get licensed and expand beyond friend care, so I'm back to the naming game. I don't want cute. I don't want clever. But I DO want appealing.

I live next to a park (like we share a side-yard) called Reedville Creek Park (where there is no creek!) so I thought about playing off that. There are basketball and tennis courts at the far side of the park so with that in mind, I was thinking of the following:

1. Parkside (or Park Side) Child Care
2. Creek Side (or Creek Side) Child Care
3. Reedville Creek Child Care (is that a name infringement?)
4. Court Side (or Courtside) Child Care
5. None of the above, they all suck, I've been thinking too long.

I also loved Block Party Child Care because of the double meaning there, but I think that's getting too "clever" and silly. Too bad, because I love me a good pun.

Thanks for your help!
just_peachy 02:46 PM 11-04-2013
OOH or Courtside Kids?
MamaBearCanada 03:22 PM 11-04-2013
If you like puns what about Good Sports Child Care
Michael 03:27 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
If you like puns what about Good Sports Child Care
GoodSportsChildCare.com is available for registration.
Unregistered 04:42 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by just_peachy:
I know I know, I swore I was never going to come back, but here I am tail between my legs.

I'm finally getting my butt in gear to get licensed and expand beyond friend care, so I'm back to the naming game. I don't want cute. I don't want clever. But I DO want appealing.

I live next to a park (like we share a side-yard) called Reedville Creek Park (where there is no creek!) so I thought about playing off that. There are basketball and tennis courts at the far side of the park so with that in mind, I was thinking of the following:

1. Parkside (or Park Side) Child Care
2. Creek Side (or Creek Side) Child Care
3. Reedville Creek Child Care (is that a name infringement?)
4. Court Side (or Courtside) Child Care
5. None of the above, they all suck, I've been thinking too long.

I also loved Block Party Child Care because of the double meaning there, but I think that's getting too "clever" and silly. Too bad, because I love me a good pun.

Thanks for your help!

I like Creek side!!! I must have missed something. Tail between your legs?
jenboo 05:49 PM 11-04-2013
Park side child care or
creek side child care
momofsix 06:58 PM 11-04-2013
Totally opposite of the others-I'd stay away form "creek side" just because the name implies you're near a creek-which could cause some to assume there is water close by and be leery of a daycare so near a dangerous creek.
(I know you said there's no actual creek, but will people reading your adds know that?)
Reply Up