Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Please Help Me Explain...
jenboo 10:31 AM 11-05-2014
A lady on one of my fb pages is saying that because she is legally unlicensed, she can't get a tax id and doesnt have to pay taxes and that the parents cannot claim the childcare expenses on their taxes.
I keep telling her that she does not need to be licensed to get a tax id but she is not understanding.
Anyone have an idea of how to explain this to her? And does anyone have a link to the form online to fill out to get a tax id?
Blackcat31 11:06 AM 11-05-2014
Send her the link from Tom Copelands blog. I am on my ipad so I cant find it quickly but he has an article about tax ids and IIRC, he says something about nonlicenced daycares and claiming taxes.

Ill try to find it in a bit in case you (or someone else) cant find it.
Blackcat31 11:16 AM 11-05-2014
Here is one thread I found that discusses this...Maybe it will have the info you are looking for https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66202
Heidi 11:28 AM 11-05-2014
Just remind her that this is how they got Al Capone...tax evasion...
NeedaVaca 11:31 AM 11-05-2014
well...she might not understand this coming from you but I'm sure the IRS will explain it to her when they come after her for not paying taxes! Maybe take that route lol
LysesKids 12:44 PM 11-05-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
well...she might not understand this coming from you but I'm sure the IRS will explain it to her when they come after her for not paying taxes! Maybe take that route lol
Especially since a parent has the right to claim... they will catch her the minute a parent wants the credit and she refuses to provide the info they need, plus she gets a fine just for refusing
jenboo 01:05 PM 11-05-2014
Thanks everyone! I explained it again and gave her the link to get her EIN. I hope she does it!
Tags:tax id, taxes
Reply Up