Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Re-Enrollment After Termination
Baby Beluga 07:41 AM 05-06-2015
Curious, has anyone re-enrolled a family after they have been terminated?

I received an email to my CL ad last night from a family I termed in in late November. This family was trouble and there is no way in the world I would re-enroll them. But it did get me curious as to whether anyone has re-enrolled after a term.

I will admit as much as I cringe at the thought of this family I do feel very sorry for the little girl. This will be her 4th day care (that I know of) in 6 months.
Thriftylady 07:43 AM 05-06-2015
I haven't, and if I would or not would depend on the situation. Do they know from the ad it is you? Wonder if they want to come back or if they are just looking again. It is sad for the little one, being through so many providers. I am guessing it is a parent issue more than a child issue?
crazydaycarelady 07:53 AM 05-06-2015
No. If I terminate a family (really have only done this 2-3 times in 23 years) I hope to never see them again! LOL
nannyde 07:59 AM 05-06-2015
No way
Second Home 08:02 AM 05-06-2015
Things have to be pretty bad for me to term so I don't think I would ever take back a child / family that was termed .
Baby Beluga 08:10 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I haven't, and if I would or not would depend on the situation. Do they know from the ad it is you? Wonder if they want to come back or if they are just looking again. It is sad for the little one, being through so many providers. I am guessing it is a parent issue more than a child issue?
No, I don't think so. I have two ads out. One with my name and photos of DC space and another text only ad. She responded to the text only ad.

It is way more of a parent issue then a child issue. The girl was fine - She always smelled heavily of perfume and was not potty trained at almost 4 years old....but otherwise she was fine. Mom however was consistently late, (after her contracted time and after my closing time), never followed rules and I had to call the sheriff department on her.

There is no way I would enroll her again, but the more I think about it the more I really do feel bad for the child. Especially because at her age she has absolutely no say in anything she is just being placed from place to place because her mom can't get her act together.
childcaremom 08:18 AM 05-06-2015
This is interesting to me because I am going through a similar scenario.

I helped a family leave a year ago. She wanted to much special and her child was a handful.

She has emailed me three times in the past 2 weeks. It's the same ad that she responded to all that time ago, with pics of the space, etc.

I've ignored them but no way would I take them back.
Blackcat31 08:22 AM 05-06-2015
If I terminated care, there is NO WAY I would re-enroll them. If I termed, I probably termed for a VERY good reason so I would never consider re-enrolling.

If they left on their own, I'd consider taking them back.
I am taking baby #3 from a family I had 17 yrs ago.
daycare 08:41 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If I terminated care, there is NO WAY I would re-enroll them. If I termed, I probably termed for a VERY good reason so I would never consider re-enrolling.

If they left on their own, I'd consider taking them back.
I am taking baby #3 from a family I had 17 yrs ago.
holy moly is it their grandchild??? 17 years....

no way....BTDT.. years ago i had a very young family with 2 kids and the dcm was pg again. I don't even think they were 21-22 years old. they came from a very well to do family so money was no option for them which equaled they mismanaged their money all of the time. if they spent it, daddy gave her more. well I termed them for failure to make on time payments. they had crazy stories all of the time why they could not pay.

so about 6 months go by and the grandma calls me begging that I let the kids back in and that she will assume all financial payments, since that was the only issue. Well there were a few others, but that was why I termed.

I bring them back with setting very strict rules, or so I thought. I was great the first month and then after the honey moon was over, the issues started all over again.

we almost ended up going to court over it. the grandma would always be gone traveling, so that's why she couldn't get me the payments...

Never again would i take a family back that I termed. Or one that left on bad terms...
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
holy moly is it their grandchild??? 17 years.......
LOL! I never thought of it that way...

She was just a really young mom.... had her first child at 17 herself.

Now she is married and having more babies....her younger ones are 6, 3 and 2.
NightOwl 09:06 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
This is interesting to me because I am going through a similar scenario.

I helped a family leave a year ago. She wanted to much special and her child was a handful.

She has emailed me three times in the past 2 weeks. It's the same ad that she responded to all that time ago, with pics of the space, etc.

I've ignored them but no way would I take them back.
helped a family leave... That's a nice way to put it!
childcaremom 09:12 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by NessaRose:
helped a family leave... That's a nice way to put it!
Yeah, I've heard it a few times on here Nice way of putting it
Unregistered 10:22 AM 05-06-2015
I agreed to watch an infant dcb while my dd was still a baby. He cried constantly and was difficult to soothe. My dd was a pretty easy baby, so dcb was getting most (ALL) of the attention. I termed him, and he went to a center. When he turned a year old, dcm asked me if I would take him back since my baby was older. I agreed and watched him until he went to preschool at four. I also termed a 3 year-old dcb for repeatedly biting the same dcg. His mom was upset, but she understood. A couple of years later, I agreed to watch his little sisters until they went to preschool, and they were fine. There's no way I would take back a "family" I termed, though. I don't even think I'd answer the phone.
daycarediva 11:30 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I agreed to watch an infant dcb while my dd was still a baby. He cried constantly and was difficult to soothe. My dd was a pretty easy baby, so dcb was getting most (ALL) of the attention. I termed him, and he went to a center. When he turned a year old, dcm asked me if I would take him back since my baby was older. I agreed and watched him until he went to preschool at four. I also termed a 3 year-old dcb for repeatedly biting the same dcg. His mom was upset, but she understood. A couple of years later, I agreed to watch his little sisters until they went to preschool, and they were fine. There's no way I would take back a "family" I termed, though. I don't even think I'd answer the phone.
I termed a screamer baby and took him back as a preschooler with zero issues.

In your situation, no.
AmyKidsCo 12:36 PM 05-06-2015
I've never terminated anyone, but I have taken back a family who left then changed their mind.

I can't imagine terminating anyone without a really good reason, so if I terminated someone I wouldn't take them back.
Unregistered 04:49 PM 05-07-2015
I did. We got in a heated disagreement.

She wanted me to load the kids up and take her son to get a birthday present for a party he had that afternoon. I said I couldn't do that. She got angry, I yelled, she yelled, she stomped out, I yelled at her that she was a a bit@&! Very strange indeed!

She went to a really horrible FCC that was two doors down from me. She called a few months later. We patched things up, and things went smoothly thereafter!
Reply Up