Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>They Only Have Two Weeks Left...
Unregistered 02:10 PM 07-24-2015
Dcb only has two weeks left, but I am losing my patience with dcm.

She is a really nice and sweet person, but is completely clueless about how her lax attitude affects the daycare and our schedule.

Here's a couple of examples:

She always pays ahead, but it's usually like 15 minutes before dcb is expected (direct deposit), and this isn't without at least 2 texts asking her if she's made the deposit yet.

Since giving notice, dcm drops off three hours after opening, essentially a few minutes before lunch. So dcb misses all activities and outside time in the morning. Not a huge deal, just annoying that I never quite know when to expect them. Oh, and dcb often won't nap because she allows him to sleep until 10 am.

This week, dcm called five minutes before closing to say she hadn't left the house yet, but was on her way! I'm at least 20 minutes away. I charged a late fee, but it was another thing that bothered me.

So, is it time for a term or do I wait this out and charge fees?
I feel like it's a lost battle to discuss coming on time and all because dcb will only be here maybe 4 more days (he's pt).
bklsmum 02:15 PM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dcb only has two weeks left, but I am losing my patience with dcm.

She is a really nice and sweet person, but is completely clueless about how her lax attitude affects the daycare and our schedule.

Here's a couple of examples:

She always pays ahead, but it's usually like 15 minutes before dcb is expected (direct deposit), and this isn't without at least 2 texts asking her if she's made the deposit yet.

Since giving notice, dcm drops off three hours after opening, essentially a few minutes before lunch. So dcb misses all activities and outside time in the morning. Not a huge deal, just annoying that I never quite know when to expect them. Oh, and dcb often won't nap because she allows him to sleep until 10 am.

This week, dcm called five minutes before closing to say she hadn't left the house yet, but was on her way! I'm at least 20 minutes away. I charged a late fee, but it was another thing that bothered me.

So, is it time for a term or do I wait this out and charge fees?
I feel like it's a lost battle to discuss coming on time and all because dcb will only be here maybe 4 more days (he's pt).
I would try to talk to her once and then just charge fees and wait it out.
Crazy8 02:49 PM 07-24-2015
If only a few more scheduled days I would say something about being late not being acceptable as you have commitments after daycare but probably wouldn't term early, just charge the late fees.
momofboys 07:52 PM 07-26-2015
I would let DCM know that is child is allowed to sleep in until 10 & then won't nap you will need to call for pick-up at naptime if child won't sleep.
Reply Up