Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Input?
Unregistered 08:38 AM 01-11-2018
New infant age 9wks in my DC. Has older sibs here, too ages 3 and 4. They all started new last week. Mom came Wed and said baby has thrush and to be sure I am sterilizing nipples and pack good. First, mom supplies the bottles daily (with caps on bottles) so I’m not sure why she would think they issue would arise from my lack of proper washing, when SHE takes care of that, but whatever. Yesterday she texted after leaving and asked how often he had his thrush medicine. I told her twice, as directed, at 10 and 2. Today I notice at first dosage that she has a line marked at the top of the medicine...I assume to verify that I am actually giving it to him. I am a little pissed to be honest. On Monday she brought his formula and I noticed that on both cans she had pulled back the foil just enough to break the seal. Seriously! Do you think I am not giving him formula and reselling it or something!? The two occurrences has me leaning to terminate. What would you do? BTW, I have done daycare for almost 30years with a stellar reputation in the community
amberrose3dg 08:50 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
New infant age 9wks in my DC. Has older sibs here, too ages 3 and 4. They all started new last week. Mom came Wed and said baby has thrush and to be sure I am sterilizing nipples and pack good. First, mom supplies the bottles daily (with caps on bottles) so I’m not sure why she would think they issue would arise from my lack of proper washing, when SHE takes care of that, but whatever. Yesterday she texted after leaving and asked how often he had his thrush medicine. I told her twice, as directed, at 10 and 2. Today I notice at first dosage that she has a line marked at the top of the medicine...I assume to verify that I am actually giving it to him. I am a little pissed to be honest. On Monday she brought his formula and I noticed that on both cans she had pulled back the foil just enough to break the seal. Seriously! Do you think I am not giving him formula and reselling it or something!? The two occurrences has me leaning to terminate. What would you do? BTW, I have done daycare for almost 30years with a stellar reputation in the community
Who knows,I would just go about my day. If you know you are doing what you are supposed to. Document everything maybe even take photos of giving the medicine or the bottle after use. She may of had issues at another daycare and will hopefully settle down. If you feel after a couple of weeks she is still suspicious then I would terminate as you cannot have a good relationship with distrust.
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 01-11-2018
If your instincts are speaking, listen.

I've been a long time provider too and I have learned that lesson the hard way.
Tags:illness policy, thrush
Reply Up