Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeding Infant On The FP
284878 12:08 PM 01-17-2018
I just enrolled a 6-month-old. She just started eating foods only with lunch and doesn't really have the hang of it.

I am drawing a blank on the new rules for infants. I was just looking at the FP infant chart and it shows a list of different grain/protein choices and a veg/fruit for all meals. That is a lot for this little one.

When I go to Kidkare, it asks "if I want to enter development foods?"

Is food required every meal or is it optional?
Blackcat31 12:36 PM 01-17-2018
Only breastmilk and/or infant formula are served to infants 0 through 5 month olds.

Solid foods are gradually introduced around 6 months of age, as developmentally appropriate.

A vegetable or fruit, or both is to be served at snack for infants 6 through 11 months old;

Here is the new guideline book for feeding infants
https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites...ng_infants.pdf
Josiegirl 02:24 AM 01-18-2018
Question about this subject: if you are only experimenting with a bit of food here or there but the baby is 7 1/2 mo and mainly breastfed, you can still count them, right? Does it say anywhere that you HAVE to be providing these foods by a certain age? I only see statements such as recommended or usually by a certain age. Dcm has only tried a handful of foods and I told her I wouldn't give baby anything that she hasn't tried.
Reply Up