Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tada! Use Half The Amount of Papertowels With Little Effort :)
NiNi.R. 06:12 AM 07-13-2012
Maybe somebody has already dreamed this up but I wanted to share anyways! So while looking around on pinterest I seen where someone had made their own baby wipes from paper towels. I wondered if I could do this minus the step where you make it an actual wet wipes.

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/...og-lately.html

So I cut the paper towel roll in half and went to pull the card board roll out with little to no luck. So I ran a little water on it, careful to only wet down the card board and not the paper towels. Went to pull the card board roll out again and it came right out!

Stuck it in a glass jar I already had in the bathroom for cotton balls. Looks better than just a roll of paper towels sitting on the counter and the kids use half as much!
Hunni Bee 06:20 AM 07-13-2012
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
Maybe somebody has already dreamed this up but I wanted to share anyways! So while looking around on pinterest I seen where someone had made their own baby wipes from paper towels. I wondered if I could do this minus the step where you make it an actual wet wipes.

So I cut the paper towel roll in half and went to pull the card board roll out with little to no luck. So I ran a little water on it, careful to only wet down the card board and not the paper towels. Went to pull the card board roll out again and it came right out!

Stuck it in a glass jar I already had in the bathroom for cotton balls. Looks better than just a roll of paper towels sitting on the counter and the kids use half as much!
I get the really good absorbent paper towels, like Bounty. Cut them into fourths, and stack them in a basket. I use a small basket so they can't root around in it, just take the top one.
Springdaze 07:07 AM 07-13-2012
my husband has been bugging me for years to have real towels instead of paper, so he bought me a bunch of wash cloths and I am going to sew the kids names and hang them on the wall.
sahm2three 07:19 AM 07-13-2012
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:

I had a mom who made these before and I HATED them. It took soooooooooooo many more of them to "get the job done", I thought. Love the idea, and maybe she didn't use good paper towels? Anyway, I have been reluctant to try it again.
NiNi.R. 07:36 AM 07-13-2012
I'm picky about my wipes so I've never used the homemade wipes, I assumed they wouldn't reach my standard. I used to sit there and cut them in 4ths but it didn't last long because I never wanted to take the time to do it. The ones I have are the bounty select a size and start to finish it only took me 5 mins. So much easier for me!
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 07-13-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I had a mom who made these before and I HATED them. It took soooooooooooo many more of them to "get the job done", I thought. Love the idea, and maybe she didn't use good paper towels? Anyway, I have been reluctant to try it again.
I had a DCM who used the really thick nice paper towels and made the home made baby wipes, but she put them in a round rubbermaid container and cut an "X" in the pastic lid so the wipes were easy to use.
Reply Up