Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Day Jitters
katie 08:02 AM 05-16-2010
I'm starting with my first dck on Wednesday! Yikes! I have 4 of my own, 9,7,4,3 mo. This one is 1 yr. She's really sweet and came by this weekend to get familiar with me and the other kids. My kids were entranced with this baby. I am taking one more child in August, and for now, that's good! Wish me luck, and words of wisdom!?
HeatherB 10:24 AM 05-16-2010
RELAX... you will do just fine.. treat them like oyur own!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:02 PM 05-16-2010
I have been registered since last Sept. but was doing daycare before that as well, and I still get nervous when I take in a new family. I know I will do a good job, but I too have 4 kids of my own and I always worry they will think my house is too crazy for them. My girls (yup, all girls!) are now 13, 10, 6, and 4...and yes they do argue at times and don't like to listen at pick up sometimes. So I worry I will lose clients over them at times, but so far so good!

Good luck, it's not so scary, you will do fine.
Chickenhauler 07:14 PM 05-16-2010
Being that you've raised your own successfully so far, you already know what to do.

Don't sweat it! It'll be just like one of your own kids having a friend over (just a smaller, shorter, noisier friend)!
misol 07:42 AM 05-17-2010
I agree with everyone else - you will do just fine.

Persoanlly I am more jittery right before an interview than the first day a child starts
Tags:new center
Reply Up