Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Michigan License - with Misdemeanor?
caterpillarclubhouse 03:29 PM 07-29-2016
I am about to apply for a home daycare license in Michigan.. Problem is.. 9 years and 9 months ago my boyfriend was involved in a domestic viloence with his ex wife. She punched him in the face several times and he held her back to stop her.. Well this isn't what she told the court and even though he pleaded no guilty.. They believed her.

Anyways, He has a misdemeanor for domestic violence(not aggrivated) on his record. He served NO TIME.. would this prevent me from starting a daycare? He lives with me and he has custody of his 6 year old daughter.
kendallina 05:32 PM 07-29-2016
No telling...it could, though.

I once hired a teacher with a misdeamor on her record. She explained to me that she was 18 years old and stole some food. I had to file special paperwork with licensing and they had her go in for an interview, I think. They cleared her and I was able to hire her. But I've heard that if there is any sort of violent crime, then it would not be approved. I'm sure every state is different, though.
caterpillarclubhouse 12:35 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by kendallina:
No telling...it could, though.

I once hired a teacher with a misdeamor on her record. She explained to me that she was 18 years old and stole some food. I had to file special paperwork with licensing and they had her go in for an interview, I think. They cleared her and I was able to hire her. But I've heard that if there is any sort of violent crime, then it would not be approved. I'm sure every state is different, though.
Yeah, that's the frusterating thing I have lived with him for 4 1/2 years and he has never laid a hand on me. Even when I realllllly piss him off... all he does is go out to the garage to cool off. She is really bad news. Drugs, partying, living house to house, no job etc. I know for a fact he was innocent. Unfortunately, our small town court system is very sexist.
284878 06:37 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by caterpillarclubhouse:
I am about to apply for a home daycare license in Michigan.. Problem is.. 9 years and 9 months ago my boyfriend was involved in a domestic violence with his ex wife. She punched him in the face several times and he held her back to stop her.. Well this isn't what she told the court and even though he pleaded no guilty.. They believed her.

Anyways, He has a misdemeanor for domestic violence(not aggravated) on his record. He served NO TIME.. would this prevent me from starting a daycare? He lives with me and he has custody of his 6 year old daughter.
You really need to check with the state. What county are you in?
caterpillarclubhouse 12:31 PM 07-30-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
You really need to check with the state. What county are you in?
Sanilac
284878 09:44 PM 07-30-2016
Sanilac
I am going to message you a email address of the woman that processed my application. She was super nice and told me that she prefers to answer question ahead of time before any money is spent.
caterpillarclubhouse 01:47 PM 07-31-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
I am going to message you a email address of the woman that processed my application. She was super nice and told me that she prefers to answer question ahead of time before any money is spent.
Okay thank you!
caterpillarclubhouse 01:59 PM 07-31-2016
Okay thank you!
Oh, woman who processed your application.. haha. Must be licensing
Tags:license, misdemeanor
Reply Up