Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Newbie!
Itsallaboutthem 08:29 PM 08-05-2014
Hello-I am from WA state. I have had a FCC, with staff since 2000. We have jumped through all the hoops to show we can meet the standards/levels of our state, and nationally.

I opened as many do, to be with my own children. I stay because I love it (most of the time).

I am here, cause today was a challenge, and I thought, "Have parents changed or am I getting burnt out?"

I look forward to reading your post and hearing what is going on with you!
AmyKidsCo 08:37 PM 08-05-2014
Welcome!

How many children can you have with staff?

I'm in WI and we can't ever have more than 8, no matter how many qualified adults are present.
proudmommyofthree 02:51 PM 08-06-2014
Welcome to the forum!!
Itsallaboutthem 01:56 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Welcome!

How many children can you have with staff?

I'm in WI and we can't ever have more than 8, no matter how many qualified adults are present.
A provider can have 12 with one assistant. For us and our needy little angles we usually run a 3 kids/1 teacher ratio.
Itsallaboutthem 01:57 PM 08-07-2014
A provider can have 12 with one assistant. For us and our needy little angles we usually run a 3 kids/1 teacher ratio.
Itsallaboutthem 01:59 PM 08-07-2014
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
Welcome to the forum!!
Hmmm need to learn to reply-lol

Thank you for the welcome!

4roses 11:40 AM 08-09-2014
HI All, I am new here and trying to figure out how this works! I am also fairly new to the daycare world. I currently have 1 dcf-3 kids, plus my 2. I have many problems with this family, 1 being that when I relay to the mom how her 3 yr old behaves, she told me I am just complaining about her kid. I pushed back and said no, I just feel like you need to know how she is behaving and she again said I was just complaining. Not sure what to do next....I can't just let this kid continue to act the way she does while she is here. Help!!!
Thriftylady 11:57 AM 08-09-2014
Sometimes parents don't get it. If the behavior is really something you can't tolerate you may have to terminate the family. Never what we really want to do but sadly sometimes it is the only option. If it comes to that be sure to give a written two week notice, listing your reasons. If she again says you are just picking on her child, you can simply tell her it just doesn't seem to be a good match.
Reply Up