Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with Resume
tenderhearts 09:04 AM 10-05-2016
I am not even sure if anyone can help or not, but I really need help writing a resume. I have been doing childcare in my home for 17 years and would like to seriously start looking for a new career but I don't really have any idea where to start. I've been looking up templates but most I find are if I'm staying within childcare. I do not want to. Any one have any samples or tips for me? thank youj
Blackcat31 09:09 AM 10-05-2016
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I am not even sure if anyone can help or not, but I really need help writing a resume. I have been doing childcare in my home for 17 years and would like to seriously start looking for a new career but I don't really have any idea where to start. I've been looking up templates but most I find are if I'm staying within childcare. I do not want to. Any one have any samples or tips for me? thank youj
I have no samples but here are a ton of other threads about resumes so maybe one of them has some good info or resources for you....

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=resume
Snowmom 09:32 AM 10-05-2016
I sent you a PM with a link to mine.
tenderhearts 09:34 AM 10-05-2016
Oh thank you so much that's awesome.
tenderhearts 12:58 PM 10-05-2016
I've been reading through a lot of these. I think I can put a fairly decent resume together however I'm struggling with a career objective something to write changing careers. I want to work in an office/receptionist hopefully medical since I have some background. Does anyone have any career objectives I can put that would sound good?
Controlled Chaos 08:53 PM 10-05-2016
I'm not sure about career objective- something to the effect of transferring all your business skills to a different field. Emphasize how you have been running a business I the childcare field: using profit and loss statements, customer satisfaction, marketing etc and who are excited to use all those skills in office management. Something along those lines? Sorry, not much help. Maybe in the morning after coffee
tenderhearts 10:41 AM 10-06-2016
Thank you, that sounds good, I"m just having a hard time wording it so it doesn't sound cheesy but professional lol
tenderhearts 12:52 PM 10-06-2016
How does this sound for a professional summary? Please tweak if needed lol
tenderhearts 01:04 PM 10-06-2016
oops forgot to put it in the last post.

Friendly and enthusiastic business owner with 18 years of expertise in childcare and managing a business. Able to learn new tasks quickly and proficient in growing key customer relationships. Represent my business with friendly, professional demeanor at all times.

OR

Accomplished and energetic business owner with a solid history of achievement in childcare. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Areas of expertise include excellent communication skill, self motivated and reliable.
Mike 04:06 PM 10-07-2016
I would combine them, like this:

Friendly and enthusiastic business owner with 18 years of expertise in childcare and managing a business. Areas of expertise include excellent communication skill, self motivated and reliable, with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Represent my business with friendly, professional demeanor at all times.
Unregistered 04:30 PM 10-07-2016
Maybe: "...expertise in managing a child care business..." rather than putting childcare first, unless you are looking for a job within the child care realm.
tenderhearts 04:41 PM 10-07-2016
great thank you
Mike 04:57 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Maybe: "...expertise in managing a child care business..." rather than putting childcare first, unless you are looking for a job within the child care realm.

MunchkinWrangler 09:00 PM 10-07-2016
I just spent a tedious week on writing and rewriting my resume. First, if the objective is hard to write, omit it all together. My heading was my name, address, and contact information. Then the next section is education from high school up, add any degrees that you have obtained.

The next section is your employment history. Next section any certs that you hold, even if they seem unrelated to the job. Then follow it by references.

Use action words when describing your duties and responsibilities; managing, maintaining, organization, assisting, etc. I would definitely match the job requirements with your abilities.

Keep it clean and to the point, strive for no more than a page and a half. The other helpful tip is to put it in an easy to read font, that way the person looking at it can skim it better.
Tags:resume
Reply Up