http://www.personalityhacker.com
Blackcat31 11:03 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by bubblegum:
I would love to know the types of personalities for Daycare providers

I'm in between an INFJ and ISFJ

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

http://www.personalityhacker.com
I am EXECUTIVE (ESTJ-A)

I didn't look farther yet to see what that means, but these kinds of things are always interesting.

I doubt I will score similar to many other providers.
The natural personality traits that lead most caregivers into the profession aren't traits that I am normally described as having.
daycarediva 11:17 AM 10-07-2016
LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-A)

The ISTJ personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make ISTJs a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the ISTJ personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do – when working towards a goal, ISTJs hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.

ISTJs don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. ISTJ personalities are no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. ISTJs have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details – if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, ISTJs can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

When ISTJs say they are going to get something done, they do it, meeting their obligations no matter the personal cost, and they are baffled by people who don't hold their own word in the same respect. Combining laziness and dishonesty is the quickest way to get on ISTJs' bad side. Consequently, people with the ISTJ personality type often prefer to work alone, or at least have their authority clearly established by hierarchy, where they can set and achieve their goals without debate or worry over other's reliability.

ISTJs have sharp, fact-based minds, and prefer autonomy and self-sufficiency to reliance on someone or something. Dependency on others is often seen by ISTJs as a weakness, and their passion for duty, dependability and impeccable personal integrity forbid falling into such a trap.

This sense of personal integrity is core to ISTJs, and goes beyond their own minds – ISTJ personalities adhere to established rules and guidelines regardless of cost, reporting their own mistakes and telling the truth even when the consequences for doing so could be disastrous. To ISTJs, honesty is far more important than emotional considerations, and their blunt approach leaves others with the false impression that ISTJs are cold, or even robotic. People with this type may struggle to express emotion or affection outwardly, but the suggestion that they don't feel, or worse have no personality at all, is deeply hurtful.

...For It Is Better to Be Alone Than in Bad Company

ISTJs' dedication is an excellent quality, allowing them to accomplish much, but it is also a core weakness that less scrupulous individuals take advantage of. ISTJs seek stability and security, considering it their duty to maintain a smooth operation, and they may find that their coworkers and significant others shift their responsibilities onto them, knowing that they will always take up the slack. ISTJs tend to keep their opinions to themselves and let the facts do the talking, but it can be a long time before observable evidence tells the whole story.

ISTJs need to remember to take care of themselves – their stubborn dedication to stability and efficiency can compromise those goals in the long term as others lean ever-harder on them, creating an emotional strain that can go unexpressed for years, only finally coming out after it's too late to fix. If they can find coworkers and spouses who genuinely appreciate and complement their qualities, who enjoy the brightness, clarity and dependability that they offer, ISTJs will find that their stabilizing role is a tremendously satisfying one, knowing that they are part of a system that works.
daycarediva 11:19 AM 10-07-2016
Spot on!
jenboo 11:21 AM 10-07-2016
I am architect (INTJ-T)
bubblegum 11:45 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am EXECUTIVE (ESTJ-A)

I didn't look farther yet to see what that means, but these kinds of things are always interesting.

I doubt I will score similar to many other providers.
The natural personality traits that lead most caregivers into the profession aren't traits that I am normally described as having.
You are the same as my hubby! And I remember you say I ng you were going to be a lawyer - perfect !!

You're right! I bet most providers are I's

I love these kind of things - really helps to understand yourself and helps with self growth
....And relationship growth from that
Nurse Jackie 11:58 AM 10-07-2016
Istj described me to a T
TXhomedaycare 12:00 PM 10-07-2016

ISFJ PERSONALITY (“THE DEFENDER”)

The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.
Blackcat31 12:05 PM 10-07-2016
You are the same as my hubby! And I remember you say I ng you were going to be a lawyer - perfect !!

You're right! I bet most providers are I's

I love these kind of things - really helps to understand yourself and helps with self growth
....And relationship growth from that
So I looked up what EXECUTIVE (ESTJ-A) means

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together.

Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

Demand for such leadership is high in democratic societies, and forming no less than 11% of the population, it's no wonder that many of America's presidents have been ESTJs. Strong believers in the rule of law and authority that must be earned, ESTJ personalities lead by example, demonstrating dedication and purposeful honesty, and an utter rejection of laziness and cheating, especially in work.

ESTJs are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts – the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren't just empty talk either, as ESTJs are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable.

However, ESTJs don't work alone, and they expect their reliability and work ethic to be reciprocated – people with this personality type meet their promises, and if partners or subordinates jeopardize them through incompetence or laziness, or worse still, dishonesty, they do not hesitate to show their wrath. This can earn them a reputation for inflexibility, a trait shared by all Sentinels (SJ), but it's not because ESTJs are arbitrarily stubborn, but because they truly believe that these values are what make society work.

Yikes! I think it makes me sound "mean" or "rigid"

Other famous ESTJ's are John D Rockefeller, Judge Judy Sonja Sotomayer, James Monroe, Lyndon B Johnson and Frank Sinatra

I took the other test you linked and got the same results.
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 10-07-2016
This might help everyone decipher the results

Extraverted (E) vs. Introverted (I),

Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N),

Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F)

Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P)

The first criterion, Extraversion – Introversion, signifies the source and direction of a person’s energy expression. An extravert’s source and direction of energy expression is mainly in the external world, while an introvert has a source of energy mainly in their own internal world.

The second criterion, Sensing – Intuition, represents the method by which someone perceives information. Sensing means that a person mainly believes information he or she receives directly from the external world. Intuition means that a person believes mainly information he or she receives from the internal or imaginative world.

The third criterion, Thinking – Feeling, represents how a person processes information. Thinking means that a person makes a decision mainly through logic. Feeling means that, as a rule, he or she makes a decision based on emotion, i.e. based on what they feel they should do.

The fourth criterion, Judging – Perceiving, reflects how a person implements the information he or she has processed. Judging means that a person organizes all of his life events and, as a rule, sticks to his plans. Perceiving means that he or she is inclined to improvise and explore alternative options.
Pestle 12:12 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I am architect (INTJ-T)
I'm an INTJ and actually did work as a professional in the architectural field for 6 years--I still maintain my interior design certification. You know, just in case any office buildings suddenly need space planning around here.
Baby Beluga 12:13 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by TXhomedaycare:

ISFJ PERSONALITY (“THE DEFENDER”)

The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are.
I also got "defender"
Snowmom 12:38 PM 10-07-2016
ADVOCATE (INFJ-T)

That was an interesting read! Thanks for sharing.
Mike 12:41 PM 10-07-2016
ISFA-J

Originally Posted by :
Live Pleasantly and Do Good

Strong, well-developed institutions alongside like-minded friends are attractive workplaces for people with the ISFJ personality type, and careers as nurses, elementary school teachers and social and religious workers are attractive options. Sometimes the desire to help others is enough in itself – it's not uncommon to find ISFJs volunteering and helping the community at shelters, food banks and their children's schools. ISFJs are warm, service-oriented people, and hardly anyone is more welcome in these (and many, many other) roles.
Now I know why I am having so much fun giving away bikes.
AmyKidsCo 12:46 PM 10-07-2016
I'm either INTJ or ENTJ, depending on the actual question and my mood at the time. I know I'm an introvert but I can compensate. My introversion isn't shyness as much as needing quiet time to recharge.

I sometimes wonder if more introverts than extroverts choose to do in-home care because we don't need to deal with as many people as out of the home jobs do.
Mom2Two 12:56 PM 10-07-2016
ENFP-A Campaigner. Lol I seem to be in the middle on everything.

Extroverted 65% Introverted 35%
Intuitive 59% Observant 41%
Thinking 33% Feeling 67%
Judging 44% Prospecting 56%
Assertive 54% Turbulent 45%
DaveA 01:07 PM 10-07-2016
INFJ-A. Advocate.

That was interesting.
childcaremom 01:16 PM 10-07-2016
Mediator

I've done something similar before and gotten different results. But this is pretty accurate as to how I've been feeling lately.
midaycare 01:54 PM 10-07-2016
ENFJ-T

Protagonist. Sounds about right.
Unregistered 02:04 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I'm either INTJ or ENTJ, depending on the actual question and my mood at the time. I know I'm an introvert but I can compensate. My introversion isn't shyness as much as needing quiet time to recharge.

I sometimes wonder if more introverts than extroverts choose to do in-home care because we don't need to deal with as many people as out of the home jobs do.
I'm more of an outgoing introvert. I'm not shy but I need alone time to recharge and alone time just for fun and that's what introverts are all about!
bubblegum 02:29 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
So I looked up what EXECUTIVE (ESTJ-A) means

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together.

Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

Demand for such leadership is high in democratic societies, and forming no less than 11% of the population, it's no wonder that many of America's presidents have been ESTJs. Strong believers in the rule of law and authority that must be earned, ESTJ personalities lead by example, demonstrating dedication and purposeful honesty, and an utter rejection of laziness and cheating, especially in work.

ESTJs are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts – the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren't just empty talk either, as ESTJs are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable.

However, ESTJs don't work alone, and they expect their reliability and work ethic to be reciprocated – people with this personality type meet their promises, and if partners or subordinates jeopardize them through incompetence or laziness, or worse still, dishonesty, they do not hesitate to show their wrath. This can earn them a reputation for inflexibility, a trait shared by all Sentinels (SJ), but it's not because ESTJs are arbitrarily stubborn, but because they truly believe that these values are what make society work.

Yikes! I think it makes me sound "mean" or "rigid"

Other famous ESTJ's are John D Rockefeller, Judge Judy Sonja Sotomayer, James Monroe, Lyndon B Johnson and Frank Sinatra

I took the other test you linked and got the same results.
I'd say firm and confident
bubblegum 02:30 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
ISFA-J

Now I know why I am having so much fun giving away bikes.
Isn't it a great feeling to know yourself!
e.j. 03:33 PM 10-07-2016
Defender ISFJ-T I thought the description was fairly accurate.
Mike 03:50 PM 10-07-2016
I know that's me.

Sure does.
jenboo 04:28 PM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I'm an INTJ and actually did work as a professional in the architectural field for 6 years--I still maintain my interior design certification. You know, just in case any office buildings suddenly need space planning around here.
That's funny! I have always worked in childcare. I definitely wouldn't say this describes me to a t in all areas
midaycare 05:18 PM 10-07-2016
Yes, but...famous personalities like me are Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey. I'm feeling unaccomplished...
midaycare 05:22 PM 10-07-2016

I'm an extrovert. Every night when my son and DH come home, I talk their ears off and then HAVE TO go somewhere. Anywhere. So long as I get adult conversation. I'm not above chatting up the check out person or the bagger at the grocery store...
MunchkinWrangler 09:17 PM 10-07-2016
I took this test in a class! I was INTJ.

Spot on accurate!

Love this!
hottie8962 12:04 AM 10-08-2016
I got the defender
Ariana 07:44 AM 10-08-2016
THE MEDIATOR

MEDIATOR PERSONALITY (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Mediator personality
Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
J. R. R. Tolkien
We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be

At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

Mediators have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.
Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.
Tags:personality test, personality traits
Reply Up