Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Capping Hours
Country Kids 12:00 PM 02-02-2018
A couple weeks ago I had asked about contracted hours and after thinking about it, I think giving the parents a 9/9.5 cap on their hours would work better.

So my question is, does anyone here do that and if so, how do you word that to parents. Do you give any of the parents an exception on it if needed?

I'm wanting to word it somehow on children needing more facetime with parents, the importance of structure on time for children and when paying for a spot it's not for the entire day.

Thank you in advance for any help on this!
284878 12:29 PM 02-02-2018
I do a 10 hour cap with contract hours. (I do 10 hours because some of my families work hour or more away)
Unregistered 01:01 PM 02-02-2018
I cap after 9.5...I tell families it's important for a child to learn things that I don't do because I don't transport..ie..post office....library...grocery store...ect. It's part of being a parent. 8 he work day 45 min commute...bad weather and traffic have been factored in.
boy_mom 03:30 PM 02-02-2018
I had a 9 hour cap, and only took parent who worked in town with a commute of 20 minutes or less. So when figuring out your max hours, youll have to consider commute time, etc.

I just had it as pat of my contract. When they filled in the days/times of care, in big bold letters I just wrote 9 hrs of care max. I also talked quite a bit about it with parents during the interview process. This was also tied into my sick policy. Families had 30 minutes to pickup sick children, so knowing parents commute times is essential.

I wouldn't worry too much about explaining why, because in the end it's not up for discussion. It's just a new policy, take it or leave it!
Reply Up