Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Two-Week Notice
Mad_Pistachio 11:44 AM 07-08-2017
I did search on the forum (I did!), but most results are for the forms to be given to the families, and my situation is the other way around.
I just realized we had 5 weeks of daycare left, with the last day being August 11 (school starts 16-th). I checked the parent handbook, and it mentions the 2-week written notice of termination, but I did not see any specific forms, nor did I hear about those (no wonder, as we never needed to terminate the care before). the director was on vacation, and I will ask next week if there is a form, but... in case there is none, does anyone have a nice-sounding base for a termination notice that a parent can write for a center?
we are not leaving because we all of a sudden hate it, we are leaving because it's time for K, and the daycare days are over (insert crying my eyes out here). I will miss it as much as I look forward to a new beginning.
Leigh 12:34 PM 07-08-2017
This letter serves as notice that XXX's last day at XXX care will be XXX, as he is moving on to Kindergarten. He will attend up to and including XXX date. Enclosed is a check for $xxx that covers his tuition through this date (if you are including it). Thank you for providing care for XXX, blah blah blah.

It doesn't have to be anything major. Just a short, written note stating that you're withdrawing. If you have a deposit that is applied to last 2 weeks' tuition, include that your payment is short 2 weeks' tuition because of the prepaid final 2 weeks. I'd have 2 copies and ask them to sign yours, acknowledging that they have received a copy and agree to the financial terms stated in your letter (which should be in their handbook).
Cat Herder 07:28 AM 07-09-2017
https://www.livecareer.com/letter-sa...ination-letter

Above is one you can edit and print.
Mad_Pistachio 09:57 AM 07-09-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
https://www.livecareer.com/letter-sa...ination-letter

Above is one you can edit and print.
thank you.
I only have one question. the author writes in the letter, "will no longer be attending ABC Daycare as of October 3, 2014" - is October 3 the last day or the day after? ours is August 11, and it's Friday, so what do I put in there, Friday or following Monday?
Cat Herder 10:28 AM 07-09-2017
I'd probably say something like ">childs name<'s last day of attendance will be Friday, August 11th. " just to prevent any misunderstanding.
daycarediva 04:08 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I'd probably say something like ">childs name<'s last day of attendance will be Friday, August 11th. " just to prevent any misunderstanding.
Yup. I always ask for clarification if it isn't worded similarly.

YAY for kindergarten!

Do you have before and after care lined up? (or needed)
Mad_Pistachio 05:03 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Do you have before and after care lined up? (or needed)
Our school is connected, both literally (same building) and metaphorically, to YMCA, which provides the before- and after-school care, of which we may need the latter, as I got me a job in addition to my last semester of college. We can sign up at pretty much any time, and as members, we can snag a discount on weekly rate, so we'll go back to that discussion pretty soon (open house in August). Our daycare does offer after-school care, but school/YMCA is 2 miles away, and DC is 15 miles, and it makes no sense, all things considered, so chances are, our ties will get severed. "Miss Moosy" did ask if she could keep me as a sub, in case help is needed, and I'm available. Of course, she can, and I'll be happy to help whenever I can. But this is a whole new chapter in the lives of all of us, and it's showing through the cracks.
happymom 09:37 AM 07-19-2017
Just wanted to say, my little guy is off to kindergarten, too!!!

We'll stay in our center for their before/after school program/bus option. I'm so excited though! NO MORE NAPS!!!
Mad_Pistachio 02:10 PM 07-19-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:

We'll stay in our center for their before/after school program/bus option. I'm so excited though! NO MORE NAPS!!!
Depending on which school she would be placed (cluster system, and ours has 7 schools), we thought of enrolling her into our DC's after-school care or using what school provides. In our case, logistically, YMCA makes more sense, and even seems slightly cheaper because we're members. And I will be working as a sub for several centers in the area, so we better stick to one place for predictability's sake.
Rockgirl 03:07 PM 07-19-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've been wondering how the nap situation was going for your guy!
happymom 10:03 AM 07-20-2017
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've been wondering how the nap situation was going for your guy!
The situation is all fixed. His primary teacher is amazing. He naps about 1 day a week and is so proud of himself when he does The other non-napper left the daycare and that helped a lot!

We are still looking forward to no naps though!
Mad_Pistachio 04:41 PM 07-28-2017
sorry for bumping.
I put in the 2-week-notice today. no paper or form was required (I asked about it earlier), so I just verbally confirmed the last day being August 11. it's going full-steam with school preparation and my new job, and we are busy with the last things to do before the school year begins (August 16 - who got high and came up with the idea to start on Wednesday? the question is rhetorical and requires no answer).
gosh, I'll miss this. the DC days are now like worn-in slippers I don't want to throw away because they are so comfortable.
let the weekend begin.
storybookending 07:55 PM 07-28-2017
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
sorry for bumping.
I put in the 2-week-notice today. no paper or form was required (I asked about it earlier), so I just verbally confirmed the last day being August 11. it's going full-steam with school preparation and my new job, and we are busy with the last things to do before the school year begins (August 16 - who got high and came up with the idea to start on Wednesday? the question is rhetorical and requires no answer).
gosh, I'll miss this. the DC days are now like worn-in slippers I don't want to throw away because they are so comfortable.
let the weekend begin.
I am glad it all worked out for you. I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now and have enjoyed posts from you from a parents perspective. School in my local district starts on September 1st, a Friday.
Mad_Pistachio 08:31 AM 08-11-2017
we came today, for the last time. we brought gift cards, flowers, and cupcakes. the director wasn't there, so I left hers on her desk (she doesn't really have an office, just a desk behind the cubbies).
I got a text from her later this morning (just removed the names).

there is a new name on the horizons of psychology at the other side of the Atlantic pond. she often talks about what she called "ecological parting." that is, when people part their ways in a manner that does not leave a nasty after-taste. some may just turn around a leave, saying nothing. others may spit all kinds of mean stuff to each other. I've done both.
this time, it is as ecological as I could make it. that psychologist would be darn proud.

P.S. I don't know why the thumbnail is there and how to remove it.
Attached: Screenshot_2017-08-11-10-52-08.png (53.2 KB) 
Tags:two week notice
Reply Up