Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>How to Show Appreciation?
Sweetcynic 12:54 PM 10-06-2020
So I was picking my daughter up, and then right as I'm trying to leave, my car won't start. I asked if I could have a jump and her husband gave me a jump, but my car still wouldn't start. Then I ended up having to call a tow. While they couldn't let me into their house due to covid regulations, they took care of my daughter for an extra hour and a half past when they normally close and fed her dinner which was a HUGE stress relief as I got to deal with calling the tow company and running car diagnostics and my daughter got to play with their kids and eat dinner rather than scream in the car seat as I did those things.

Even aside from this I am thrilled with the social and educational activities they are doing with her. I was telecommuting and watching her at the same time before (since covid) and it involved way too much tv and not enough peer interaction and she seems so much happier now (she is 4).

I thanked them profusely, but is there any other good way to show appreciation?
Rockgirl 02:33 PM 10-06-2020
That was thoughtful of your daycare provider! Even a nice card would go a long way to show your appreciation. If you’re wanting to do more, maybe a gift card or plant.
Josiegirl 02:34 AM 10-07-2020
Honestly? I'd include money(or gift cards) in that card. I know a heartfelt card speaks volumes with a dcprovider's sense of being appreciated but that was an extra good amount of time. Money does help to further that feeling of being appreciated. It sounds like you both have a mutual relationship of respect and that's so wonderful.
Gemma 08:25 AM 10-07-2020
Perhaps you could leave a positive review on google or Facebook?
I know that would make me happier than money...but that's me
Tags:appreciated, provider gifts presants
Reply Up