Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anybody Know Where I Can Get A "Chill Pill"? Because I Need To Take One!!!
Christina72684 07:58 AM 12-15-2011
This is probably TMI, but I just started today (only the 2nd time since I had my daughter 9 months ago, so actually I've only had 2 in 18 months) and my nerves are SHOT! It's like everything's hitting me all at once: We've had terrible luck finding good help (5 assistants in 5 months and the current called in sick today), it's raining and we haven't gone outside in over 2 weeks so the kids are FULL of energy, and of course all the stress that goes along with the holidays. Luckily I only have 6 of our 12 kids right now, but they just don't want to listen, are not sharing or being nice to each other, and every time I turn around someone is either getting "hurt" or tattle tailing. I wish I could call in sick tomorrow!
AnneCordelia 08:02 AM 12-15-2011
It's the forum cycle. LOL. We just discussed this the other day. Everyone's got the same nerve trouble. (((hugs)))

I find that motherwort tincture helps me during that time.
Blackcat31 08:10 AM 12-15-2011
This is when you need to have a stash of emergency activites that you pull out when all else fails.

I keep a box of "special" things just for occassions like htis and the kids are ornery and fighting and have excess energy. My "special" toybox has games, action figures, some construction type building manipulatives, and some misc. art activities. I try and rotate it so the kids are always interested.

This is also when we pull out the parchute and our move and groove with me video camera.....burn off all that energy!

Hang in there!
SimpleMom 08:19 AM 12-15-2011
Motherwort is awesome! The extra activities are great. We do chill time here when it's crazy like that. I assign all of the kiddos an area to play in. They need to play nice and calm or it's my choice. I make sure there is only two or three per station. Preferably one lol. depends on the kiddos and the group in general. Make sure you pair them up with compatability Helps a lot.

I find here that certain kids calm down better with books, others with a computer learning game, others coloring, others cars and trucks, beads, peg boards, crafts, etc.
Good luck!!! Hope your day goes much better.
Sometimes, when it's super crazy, I will step out the door and let a huge breath out, then walk back in. Oh, and I always ask God what will help cuz it's always the thing that works. He amazing!
Meeko 08:24 AM 12-15-2011
Simple but effective therapy.

Take a pillow.

Climb into the closet of your choice. Shut the door behind you.

Place pillow over your face.

Scream. Loud. Long. Strong.

Done.

My mother swore by this.

beachgrl 08:43 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Simple but effective therapy.

Take a pillow.

Climb into the closet of your choice. Shut the door behind you.

Place pillow over your face.

Scream. Loud. Long. Strong.

Done.

My mother swore by this.

Haha, this is what my prek co worker and I refer to as Martha Stewart scream bc we had been doing the same after school wo a pillow in our classrooms..we would shut the doors and both screamnas loud and long as we could and then bust into hysterics!M itnwas the best therapy, but anyway we had been doing this and Martha stewartnshared how she would have herself a similar scream once in awhile so we started calling it that lol. When we couldn't do it, we would just say "I feel a Martha Stewart scream coming on" and we would know once the bell rang we would meet for a good cleansing scream later ha
Tags:stressed
Reply Up