Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper Advice -- Nannyde or Anyone Else?
spud912 11:49 AM 06-06-2016
Among many other reasons why my youngest daughter (22 months old) is a handful, she is a naptime de-clother. It's sad to say that it has become a normal day-to-day thing to wash her bedding and give her a bath 1-2 times a day because she removed her clothing and/or diaper and proceeded to poop and pee all over herself and the bed and sometimes the floor and the walls.

Unfortunately, we live in Arizona and temps outside are 114+ the past week, so backwards footed pajamas are definitely not an option. I need suggestions for cooler clothing that is difficult to remove. Onesies are not good enough because she can reach up and pull the diaper off.
Blackcat31 11:56 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by spud912:
Among many other reasons why my youngest daughter (22 months old) is a handful, she is a naptime de-clother. It's sad to say that it has become a normal day-to-day thing to wash her bedding and give her a bath 1-2 times a day because she removed her clothing and/or diaper and proceeded to poop and pee all over herself and the bed and sometimes the floor and the walls.

Unfortunately, we live in Arizona and temps outside are 114+ the past week, so backwards footed pajamas are definitely not an option. I need suggestions for cooler clothing that is difficult to remove. Onesies are not good enough because she can reach up and pull the diaper off.
Something like this

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-815...FUUKNwodMLsNsQ
Mariahsaint 12:00 PM 06-06-2016

Is there any way you could get some footie pajamas and cut the feet off of them? Or would she still be able to reach up and take the diaper off?

All else fails, I have used duck tape to secure the diaper in the past. But that really depends on the regulations you have in your state.
spud912 12:12 PM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Something like this

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-815...FUUKNwodMLsNsQ
Yeah I think this would be easy for her. Plus she's tiny and it has to be 12 month clothing . She is very efficient with clothing and can even put her sister's underwear on.
spud912 12:16 PM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Mariahsaint:
Is there any way you could get some footie pajamas and cut the feet off of them? Or would she still be able to reach up and take the diaper off?

All else fails, I have used duck tape to secure the diaper in the past. But that really depends on the regulations you have in your state.
Legally unlicensed so duct tape is not entirely out of question hahahaha! I know Old Navy sells onesies that are shorts ..... I've been tempted but I wonder how long until she can un-snap buttons. The good news is she LOVES sitting on the potty and has even peed a couple times...maybe she will potty train early??? Maybe wishful thinking
Mariahsaint 12:25 PM 06-06-2016
Legally unlicensed so duct tape is not entirely out of question hahahaha! I know Old Navy sells onesies that are shorts ..... I've been tempted but I wonder how long until she can un-snap buttons. The good news is she LOVES sitting on the potty and has even peed a couple times...maybe she will potty train early??? Maybe wishful thinking
Hey, if she's showing interest, it never hurts to give her a little push in the right direction. Her parents will think you're amazing!
sahm1225 12:28 PM 06-06-2016
If you put the diaper on backwards, can she still reach?

I like the leotard that bC posted too.
mommyneedsadayoff 12:41 PM 06-06-2016
What if you put kid underwear on over the diaper, then a onsiie, so she would have to go through two layers? Or a pair of spandex shorts and then the onsie?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 12:46 PM 06-06-2016
backwards and duct tape.
But I would just potty train her. It sounds like she is ready.
Controlled Chaos 12:48 PM 06-06-2016
If it was my kid showing interest - I would full on commit to potty training. I know not the popular answer. But my DS was trained at 19m and my youngest girl potty trained at 26m. Is she dry for long periods of time? It sounds like she wants to be done with diapers and she's not crazy young
spud912 01:01 PM 06-06-2016
I will definitely take your advice for potty training....I've already been dappling in it. She sleeps a LONG time (10 pm to 11 am and again 1:30 to 4 pm), so I'll try the diaper, undies, and onsie for bedtime. As much as I sound like one of "those" moms, I am NOT ready for her to get out of the crib at night. To say she is a handful and accident prone is a gross understatement, so definitely not ready to give her that freedom.
Ariana 01:07 PM 06-06-2016
Diaper on backwards and her bathing suit on might work!
Controlled Chaos 02:30 PM 06-06-2016
I will definitely take your advice for potty training....I've already been dappling in it. She sleeps a LONG time (10 pm to 11 am and again 1:30 to 4 pm), so I'll try the diaper, undies, and onsie for bedtime. As much as I sound like one of "those" moms, I am NOT ready for her to get out of the crib at night. To say she is a handful and accident prone is a gross understatement, so definitely not ready to give her that freedom.
lol I hear ya. When we switched my 2.5 yo to a big bed (mainly out of necessity space and sibling wise) I was terrified. This is my destructive, adventuresome child. She probably could be in undies at night, but I won't fight her to go potty first thing in the morning when she's scary angry She's in undies the rest of the day, no problem even nap, but I just don't care enough to push overnight right this moment.
spud912 03:23 PM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
lol I hear ya. When we switched my 2.5 yo to a big bed (mainly out of necessity space and sibling wise) I was terrified. This is my destructive, adventuresome child. She probably could be in undies at night, but I won't fight her to go potty first thing in the morning when she's scary angry She's in undies the rest of the day, no problem even nap, but I just don't care enough to push overnight right this moment.
Yes, this child is a handful. Each child has their challenges.....this one just takes all of them to the extreme. Not only is she incredibly adventurous and curious, but she is very stubborn and set on doing things her way. Anything less and it's a full meltdown temper tantrum. We are working on things and they are improving, but it's a long slow road. I can't even begin to say how many times she has nearly killed herself, but skirted away with barely a scratch. So, adding freedom is out of question until she can improve in other areas first. For some perspective, she just recently earned blankets back for bedtime because she tournequited herself on 2 occasions now (once around the finger and once around the neck ).
spud912 03:25 PM 06-06-2016
And she would definitely be terminated if she were not my child . She is a walking liability with a huge attitude.
284878 09:57 AM 06-07-2016
Cloth diaper cover with snaps over diaper. It is snug enough and the plastic snap are nice and secure. I wore one on Dcg when mom report that she was stripping herself. I wore it over her jeans, when I saw her pulling on her pants. She never striped here.
My own dd never learned how to remove her own diaper either.
Reply Up