Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potential Client To Start At End Of Aug....Holding Fee?
Razzledbrat 08:17 AM 07-24-2013
Hi! me again! LOL!

I have an interview tomorrow for a new baby to begin at the end of August.

My question is...how do I handle this? What if they say they love me, yada yada and want me to care for their baby beginning the 3rd week of Aug.

Do I just be happy and wait til the end of August? or have them sign my contract now? Holding fee? If I have them sign my contract should I add anything to it ?

Sigh

I dont want to seem mean but I only have one opening and I dont want to be left empty handed at the end of Aug if they decide to go elsewhere. How should I handle this? I really dont feel comfy asking for a deposit or holding fee. HELP!
Brooksie 08:20 AM 07-24-2013
I would definitely have them sign a contract now and pay the deposit (mines 2 weeks tuition non refundable). They could say they are interested and then something could come up and then there you are waiting for them and have lost out on all that potential income. Don't feel bad. That's business. You're covering your butt. They should be expecting it because I don't know any one who DOESN'T require a deposit/holding fee for that far out.
krosey5 08:32 AM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
I would definitely have them sign a contract now and pay the deposit (mines 2 weeks tuition non refundable). They could say they are interested and then something could come up and then there you are waiting for them and have lost out on all that potential income. Don't feel bad. That's business. You're covering your butt. They should be expecting it because I don't know any one who DOESN'T require a deposit/holding fee for that far out.

Reply Up