Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Trial Period Policy?
MNmamaOf4 09:07 AM 04-06-2011
Another contract question from me. I tried searching, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

What does your contract state for a trial period? I had completely forgot about putting it into my contract when I originally wrote it and now I want to add it before I get new families. Do you give them a 2 week trial period? What are your suggestions or what does your handbook state?

Thanks!
SilverSabre25 09:23 AM 04-06-2011
2 week trial during which either party can cancel at any time for any reason and with no further obligation. No unpaid vacation/sick time can be used by the daycare family within the first ten days of care.
cheerfuldom 09:23 AM 04-06-2011
Mine is 2 week trial period where either parents or provider can end care at any time for any reason with no notice required and no "two weeks payment required". After 2 weeks, ALL policies are firm.
daycare 09:28 AM 04-06-2011
The first two weeks are a paid trail period, with no commitment, beginning on ________________ and will end on _______________. After your trail period ends, signer of this contract must give two weeks written notice before terminating this contract. Failure to notify Thet Daycare of resignation two weeks in advance will result in loss of full two weeks payment by you. By Signing below, I/we agree that I/we have read all above information and agree to comply with all rules and responsibilities stated.
PeanutsGalore 09:28 AM 04-06-2011
I just started putting a one month trial period into my contracts. i figure a week is enough to tell if a kid is going to adjust or not, but some kids need two weeks, and to me a month is enough time for a parent to get the heads up and find replacement care.
SandeeAR 10:58 AM 04-06-2011
This is mine....

Trial Period

All new children will be cared for on a 10 day, (2 work weeks), trial period beginning on your child’s first actual day of care. During that time the parent or provider may terminate the childcare agreement with 24 hours notice. After the trial period, a TWO-WEEK WRITTEN NOTICE is required by parents to terminate the agreement.

I listed it with the 2 work weeks, b/c I take a lot of part timers. That way it isn't strung out for a month if things aren't working out.
nannyde 12:49 PM 04-06-2011
I do three to six months before I have them sign a contract. Either party can walk away at any time without notice.
Abigail 06:48 PM 04-06-2011
My Trial Period is listed in my contract under the Termination category.
Trial Period
The first 2 weeks in my program is an adjustment or trial period. During this time, either the client(s) or provider may terminate this contract immediately without written notice. The deposit is only refundable if client leaves during the trial period. After the two-week trial period has been completed, a two-week written notice by client is required to terminate this contract. Payment is due for the notice period whether or not the child is brought to the provider for care during that time. The provider may terminate the contract at will without giving any notice.

daycarechick 12:46 PM 07-23-2014
TRIAL & TERMINATION: The first 2 weeks of Care are a no-fault trial period to work out unexpected kinks & ensure an all-around good fit however no refunds or credit for unused days will be given. After the trial period, 2 weeks’ advance notice shall be required prior to terminating Care, at which time your last 2-weeks payment and any other outstanding fee will be due whether your child attends the 2 weeks or not. Term notices will not be accepted during your or my vacation time. Subsidies: this may be out of your pocket, see your case worker before quitting Care.
* Provider Dismissal: If for some reason I cannot continue to Care for your child, I will give you two weeks’ notice and credit your holding fee to the 2nd week (no credit if you decide to leave early) -- this credit is a courtesy only & will not be offered for any other reason. If an emergency prevents my giving full notice, I will prorate the remaining days. NOTE: I reserve the right to terminate Care without notice and without hold fee credit ‘for cause’ such as but not limited to: Breach of Contract, Failure to pay as agreed, Failure to comply with Handbook policies, Behavior/Discipline/Zero-Tolerance, etc.
MarinaVanessa 02:15 PM 07-23-2014
Here's mine:

Trial Period
The first two weeks of care are considered a "trial period". Either party can withdraw from our agreement without written notice within these first two weeks. No refunds will be given for any services provided within this time period.
LadyK8 02:19 PM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Mine is 2 week trial period where either parents or provider can end care at any time for any reason with no notice required and no "two weeks payment required". After 2 weeks, ALL policies are firm.
This is the exact same thing for my daycare.
Tags:contract help, handbook policy, trial period
Reply Up