Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Kids in Your Care
MommyMuffin 03:12 PM 08-17-2011
After you discover that a child is ill what do you do? What I mean is do you separate them from the group in any way?
morgan24 03:49 PM 08-17-2011
Since I do daycare in my basement. It's 18' by 28' so I have to call the parents to come and get their child right away. Then I put them on the other side of the room from the rest of the dcks. It seems like by the time you notice that one is sick all the others have already been exposed so I really don't know if it makes a difference.
KEG123 05:42 PM 08-17-2011
The one time I had a boy puke I separated him from the rest of the group. My daycare area is my dining room/toy room and livingroom which I am able to separate with a baby gate. I just had him lay on the couch.
PitterPatter 08:53 PM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
After you discover that a child is ill what do you do? What I mean is do you separate them from the group in any way?
Yes I separate them from the other kids but since I am alone here and have to keep them in my sight, so it is just to the opposite side of the room. Usually as long as it isn't a vomiting issue I allow them to lay on the corner sofa until DCM arrives. The other kids get books or puzzles something quiet so as not to disturb or stimulate the ill child. I call DCP but they don't always want to come so then it gets ugly but the kid does go home. Then if it was a feverish/contagious issue I try to go over the toys and banisters etc with more Lysol than usual!
mom2many 12:04 AM 08-18-2011
I separate them as soon as I realize they have a temp, throw up or start complaining they don't feel well. I have them lie down in an adjoining room that is off of my living room and call their parents. I expect them to be picked up immediately after I make that call.
Tags:separate areas, sick child, sick policy
Reply Up