Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do Your Little Ones Call You?
godiva83 01:16 PM 08-19-2011
Hi all,
Just curious what your DCK's and daycare families call you?
I.e. Mrs._____
your first name
Miss. _______ or Miss. X
A nickname

I have little people all about 1-3 and they have started to call my Mummy and my Husband Daddy- I know it is confusing for them especially because my own DS is with me and is 18 months so of course he calls us Mummy and Daddy, I want to try and encourage DCK's to call me a different name with out my own DS not calling me Mummy... Hope this makes sense.
Thanks in advance for all your wonderful input, as always it is very much appreciated.
Cheers
mismatchedsocks 01:23 PM 08-19-2011
Ms. Amber.

A few started calling me mommy, they started at birth and it caught on with my own kids, but I try to have the older kids say ms amber as much as possible.
nannyde 01:34 PM 08-19-2011
Nan

Meeko 01:42 PM 08-19-2011
My first name. It's just one syllable, three letters and easy to say. "Miss ***" always make me feel like I'm 103 for some reason!
Meeko 01:45 PM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
My first name. It's just one syllable, three letters and easy to say. "Miss ***" always make me feel like I'm 103 for some reason!
The parents call me by my first name too...although I am sure a few of them have more `colorful names for me at times
Christian Mother 01:46 PM 08-19-2011
Mommy, Mummy, Mom, Miss Misty, Misty, Miss T...hahaha!! As they are now getting older I've been correcting them bc they are being able to distinguish between who there real mom is and who I am. It start just about 2 2/1
Michael 01:52 PM 08-19-2011
We had a similar thread in the past: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30619
flightlessbird11 02:12 PM 08-19-2011
My kids call me Christmas......my real name sounds similar. Most of them can't pronounce it! It's cute, I don't mind being called a day that every kid looks forward to! My parents call me by my first name.
Meyou 02:14 PM 08-19-2011
By my name or Mama which is what my 7 year old calls me. I correct them out of that habit between 1 and 2 as they pick it up.
Crazy8 02:36 PM 08-19-2011
most have always called me by my full first name, some adding "miss" in front of it. But everyone else in life calls me a shortened version of my first name - so I've tried to start using that with newer daycare kids. So now its real confusing.
AnneCordelia 03:09 PM 08-19-2011
They call me by my first name.

I think tacking a 'Miss' on or using a formal title are regional things...and aren't this region. All the other HDCPs I know IRL use just their first names.
WImom 03:29 PM 08-19-2011
They either call me by my first name or with a Miss in front of it.
Danielle 03:50 PM 08-19-2011
I have mainly little ones so they call me Dani since most can't say Danielle well. The 2 year old I have now calls me mama most days.
safechner 04:36 PM 08-19-2011
In the past 10 years, those daycare kids called me mommy until I correct them to call by my first name when they get older. I never want them to call Ms. or Mrs. which I dont like it. I prefer them to call by my first name.
KEG123 05:36 PM 08-19-2011
I try to get them to call me Liz, but mostly they just call me mommy.
SandeeAR 05:36 PM 08-19-2011
My oldest is just 21 mo. He just recently called me. Nandee. I was tickled! Some day, it may get an "S" on the front, but l'll settle for Nandee.
familyschoolcare 06:10 PM 08-19-2011
I have the day care kids call me by my last name MRS. X
I tell parents that they may call me by my first name if they would like but I prefer the children call me by my last name B/C it helps to remind them that I am an authority figure.
Lucy 06:38 PM 08-19-2011
My mom did DC from the late 50's to the late 70's and was always called Mrs. _______

I'm just not comfortable with that, so I started off 17 years ago having them call me Joyce, and that's all they've ever called me. I had 2 different parents though the years that introduced me to their kids as Miss Joyce. One was from Georgia and one from Tennessee. It is definitely a regional thing. But where I live, it's just not done. Those kids, btw, never called me Miss Joyce - only their parents did. LOL
Zoe 07:04 PM 08-19-2011
First name. But the 2 yo dcg calls me mommy and my DH daddy. She comes in the evenings and is the only dck so it's tough when she hears my own two kids calling me mommy. She'll figure it out though.
godiva83 07:50 PM 08-19-2011
Thanks everyone! I guess I will continue you to encourage the to use my name and not Mummy, but I won't sweat it.

One of the DCM calls me Auntie ____, I am not to sure about that
Tags:name - kids call provider
Reply Up