Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Sheets
abigailrw5 11:57 AM 11-02-2011
I am wondering how many of you fill out daily sheets for everyone in care. Do you do it for part time kids too?
lil angels 11:59 AM 11-02-2011
I only do it for infants to one yr of age.
MsMe 12:03 PM 11-02-2011
I only offer it for babies up to one year......they start leaving/forgetting them around 5-6mo old and as soon as I see they are no longer valued I stop.

I have a lot of verbal communication with each parent. I would go bonkers making and keeping track of a daily sheet for 12 kids eachday. I even think that is too much paper work for a small daycare with 5.....but this is all caomign from teh girl who hates keeping up with the food prgram record keeping each day. ugh.

I have heard that the ipad has a daily report app that can be emailed at the end of the day to parents....I don't have one but i would love if I could do baby dailys with a cool gadget
mom2many 02:16 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
I have heard that the ipad has a daily report app that can be emailed at the end of the day to parents....I don't have one but i would love if I could do baby dailys with a cool gadget
I use the Daycare Tracker app for my ipad and absolutely love it! The parents all love it too---it saves on both paper and time! It is so convenient and fast to fill out thru out the day.
Danielle 02:23 PM 11-02-2011
Someone on here mentioned Baby Connect. That's what I'm using now. I have 2 (1 more starting next week) babies in my care, all part timers. The parents love it b/c the can check in anytime to see how the babies are doing. I love how easy it is to use. The daycare room is my livingroom so I just keep my computer running with the website up. Most everything I note is just a couple clicks so it's super easy to use. At naptime and right after pickup I add little notes if I need to. Also, you assign the parents to the kids by email so they only see their child's info. I'm loving it because the babies I have have a hard time with transitions. They cry when dropped off (stop as soon as dad's out the door) and again as soon as dad walks into the door at pick up. It makes it really difficult to talk about their dad...plus dad's not much of a talker, mom's the one that will check in through out the day.
CheekyChick 02:23 PM 11-02-2011
We do a daily log for our babies and a daily letter for our preschool group. We have about 20 different children per week, so it can get a bit much at times.
abigailrw5 07:15 PM 11-02-2011
Danielle,
I looked into baby connect but only saw it for phone or Ipad. I want to use it on my computer. Does it have a version for MacOs?
Christian Mother 07:24 PM 11-02-2011
I do daily sheets for all my little ones. (4) Infant through 2 1/2. I understand though that when you have more then 6 it gets really tough to note each day. I do have great communication with my parents but they still like to see what they ate and what they played with each day. The notes also say if I need something or if there was a accident.
Danielle 07:27 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by abigailrw5:
Danielle,
I looked into baby connect but only saw it for phone or Ipad. I want to use it on my computer. Does it have a version for MacOs?
You can just use the web version: www.baby-connect.com It's not an app or anything you download on your computer. I just keep the website open all day.
abigailrw5 07:42 PM 11-02-2011
Ok. Great thanks!
lil angels 09:52 AM 11-03-2011
I just looked up the daycare tracker app and it looks great do you do this for all the kids or just littles and did you upgrade to the pro. If so why?
beachgrl 11:42 AM 11-03-2011
I just bought the daycare tracker pro for my ipad to test it out since it is a little over half off right now...worth a shot anyway and I will look into the baby connect too, maybe I need to get the hubby to work on an app similar for us daycare people...may have to check into it and see what people like or dont like about the current ones and what they would want in another to see if he could come up with something useful!
Sprouts 01:18 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by beachgrl:
I just bought the daycare tracker pro for my ipad to test it out since it is a little over half off right now...worth a shot anyway and I will look into the baby connect too, maybe I need to get the hubby to work on an app similar for us daycare people...may have to check into it and see what people like or dont like about the current ones and what they would want in another to see if he could come up with something useful!
great idea! i was thinking this too, but cost too much to hire someone!

i did daycare tracker and just signed up for baby connect. baby connect much better hands down!!!

the only thing i wish it could have is set meals that i could type in, instead of re writing
abigailrw5 06:34 AM 11-04-2011
i have a question about baby connect. Since everything you submit is real time what happens if you forget to enter a diaper change? Can you go back and enter it for that time?
hoopinglady 07:19 AM 11-04-2011
Someone at my licensing class gave the suggestion of using a binder filled with daily sheets for little ones or "week at a glance" for olders.

This way the parents don't have to take the paper or even look but the binder is there for them if they are interested.

I thought it seemed like a pretty nifty idea...especially if you could incorporate some type of scrap book type thing...adding photos or artwork and stuff and the binder can be a keepsake afterword?

sounds nifty to me.
Kat 07:29 AM 11-04-2011
I have a duotang for each family. In it, I have pages that are divided in half, and then double sided, so four entries per page. On it, I have a spot for food, diaper changes (as applicable), and major activities. Most daily activities are there permanently (ie freeplay in and out, circle time, walk) and I just cross them off if for some reason we do not do them. There is also a spot for "please bring" and a spot for notes for myself or the parents. In the front of the duotang is a clear plastic pocket folder that holds our calendars, with fees marked on due dates, scheduling and notes for the month. This pocket folder also serves as a place for parents to put checks.

It takes me seconds to do the notes as they are just jots in the appropriate place on the form. I like them, as I use them to double check against my own records, and parents can do the same.

I do the daily notes because when I had my DD in care, I loved her provider, but she didn't send any info home. I wanted more. And, I also like departures to be short and sweet (ie kids are all ready to go, no time to chat!), so I don't want to chat forever at the door. Anything more detailed, such as behaviour issues or similar, I chat via email because I don't usually find discussing these things in front of parents to be helpful to the cause.
Danielle 11:35 AM 11-04-2011
i have a question about baby connect. Since everything you submit is real time what happens if you forget to enter a diaper change? Can you go back and enter it for that time?
Yes, just click the diaper icon on the left and before saving it, change the time in the right hand corner. You can do that with anything you enter. Lunch is normally entered that way because lunch/getting ready for nap time is kinda crazy so I just wait and enter that during nap.
abigailrw5 12:48 PM 11-04-2011
Thanks. I cant remember if you said this but do you use this for older kids too?
mom2many 03:05 PM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I just looked up the daycare tracker app and it looks great do you do this for all the kids or just littles and did you upgrade to the pro. If so why?
I do this for all the infants and preschoolers. I usually only have 5- 6 a day though. I did upgrade to the pro, b/c I had a problem getting the other one to work...it could have been me just being lame. I was still learning how to use my ipad when I tried it out.
Danielle 06:17 PM 11-04-2011
Thanks. I cant remember if you said this but do you use this for older kids too?
I just found out about it and I only have kids 1yr and younger in my care right now.
abigailrw5 07:30 AM 11-09-2011
I LOVE BABY CONNECT! We are going to save money on ink and paper because no more printing 12 daily sheets a week. Thanks for suggesting it!
Tags:daily sheets
Reply Up