Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Long Weekends Vent
FCCLife 10:12 AM 11-30-2015
I love long weekends but when Monday comes the dck's are completely insane. Not listening. One isn't napping because they don't make her at home. I am losing it. I work so hard to have them on a schedule and good behaviors and they come back completely undone. So frustrating.
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by FCCLife:
I love long weekends but when Monday comes the dck's are completely insane. Not listening. One isn't napping because they don't make her at home. I am losing it. I work so hard to have them on a schedule and good behaviors and they come back completely undone. So frustrating.
Totally hear you....

Every time I complain after a long weekend, my DH says "Well, YOU let them go home".
auntymimi 10:15 AM 11-30-2015
I hear ya!
Josiegirl 10:23 AM 11-30-2015
Oh yes, I can relate too! I almost wish I didn't have any time off! (almost)
My extremely strong-willed 2 yo dcg hit 3 1/2 yo dcg 4x before 9:30. I was ready to hog-tie her. Good thing she's so darn adorable. The last time she did it I had them all ready for painting so as soon as she hit her again, I made her leave the table. She was some upset when she realized she couldn't participate.
daycarediva 10:44 AM 11-30-2015
Four days off in a row.... they will be back on schedule by Wednesday, I hope.

midaycare 10:53 AM 11-30-2015
My hitter is back at it today. I just got him trained!!! I really feel like an arse today because I have my mean face on all day.
Annalee 11:07 AM 11-30-2015
Mine are like zombies....all were ready for nap when they got here.....No one gets a nap any place except at daycare
Baby Beluga 12:28 PM 11-30-2015
Mine were zombies too. All but one fell asleep at the lunch table.
Controlled Chaos 12:54 PM 11-30-2015
Hardest here was the 4m old who is held/co sleeps at home and doesn't nap more than 30min. Here I have her down to 2 naps for 1-2 hours. She definitely screamed at me for an hour about her distaste for the pac n play. Luckily for nap 2 she seems to be ok.

Kids are actually playing pretty well. I switched out all the smaller toys and got a super cute pop up gingerbread tent that the kids are loving. I think tomorrow will be harder for big kid behavior. Today they are in new toy heaven
FCCLife 12:59 PM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Hardest here was the 4m old who is held/co sleeps at home and doesn't nap more than 30min. Here I have her down to 2 naps for 1-2 hours. She definitely screamed at me for an hour about her distaste for the pac n play. Luckily for nap 2 she seems to be ok.

Kids are actually playing pretty well. I switched out all the smaller toys and got a super cute pop up gingerbread tent that the kids are loving. I think tomorrow will be harder for big kid behavior. Today they are in new toy heaven
Can I ask where did you get the pop up gingerbread house?
Controlled Chaos 01:08 PM 11-30-2015
Can I ask where did you get the pop up gingerbread house?
Amazon of course!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003NY...DDL&ref=plSrch
Sugaree 01:27 PM 11-30-2015
I may or may not have brought DS' teacher some leftover chocolate cake this morning as a way to say sorry for the way he's going to act today...
Blackcat31 02:12 PM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by Sugaree:
I may or may not have brought DS' teacher some leftover chocolate cake this morning as a way to say sorry for the way he's going to act today...

priceless!!
Controlled Chaos 03:04 PM 11-30-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

priceless!!
haha I had a dcm bring me coffee with a sorry sort of look on her face
Hunni Bee 06:27 PM 11-30-2015
I was exhausted by noon...we had a hair-cutting incident, multiple milk and food spills, toys EVERYWHERE, hitting, crying, toy-taking, running inside...AND it rained all day long.

The only thing we didn't have were potty accidents and that was just sheer luck.
Mad_Pistachio 07:14 PM 11-30-2015
my daughter has been home for 5 days straight now: Thanksgiving followed by pinkeye (we were allowed to go today, but ket her home an extra day just in case). I do not envy her teacher tomorrow: kid's got a severe case of cabin fever... and I have finals, so keeping her longer is not an option anymore: my tests will turn into a pumpkin if I don't take them on time.
Sunshine74 09:00 PM 11-30-2015
Today went pretty well, but we had several call off. They should be back tomorrow, so that is a 5 day weekend for a few! I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be rough.
mommiebookworm 09:10 PM 11-30-2015
My day started with the 2yr old screaming like a banshee. And the highlight was when dcg4 got poop all over her pants and shirt. She forgot how to wipe her own butt!
Josiegirl 02:12 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I was exhausted by noon...we had a hair-cutting incident, multiple milk and food spills, toys EVERYWHERE, hitting, crying, toy-taking, running inside...AND it rained all day long.

The only thing we didn't have were potty accidents and that was just sheer luck.
Oh wow, I think your day might have trumped mine. Hope today is much better for everyone!!!
Ariana 11:32 AM 12-01-2015
As an exclusively part-time daycare I go through this every week
Febby 06:28 PM 12-01-2015
About half my kids came on Friday for at least part of the day, but the other half had some real trouble yesterday. And some today.
Tags:gingerbread house, long weekend
Reply Up