Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Letter For Christmas Holidays
countrymom 06:57 AM 10-28-2010
I have a mom already asking about my christmas holidays, this is the same mom who last year pulled this stunt. She booked me early and then a week before holidays started she started cancelling, so it made me so mad because I would take other children. So I need a letter stating that what ever you book you will be paying for the spot. I need it worded nicely and I just can't think of anything, but this will go to all parents too, i need a spot for them to write down the days they are requesting and then they need to sign it.
bgmeyers 09:28 AM 10-28-2010
I have never given my parents a choice. I close from Christmas Eve to The day after New Year's or for 2011, Jan 3rd. Some are paid holidays, others are vacation days for me.

In your case, I would make list of all days you will be closed and then just ask her to write the other days she will be needing care.

Stress that if she requests a day, she will be expected to pay for it unless two weeks written notice is given. Give her about a week to get it back to you or you will assume that she is going to need you all days you are open and she will be charged for those days.
Live and Learn 09:36 AM 10-28-2010
I know that I have it good because I take off the entire winter break with my own kids. I follow the school calendar and work mostly for teachers. Dec 18th- Jan 3.
I think if I were you I would figure out what works best for you and stick to it.
personally I wouldn't work even one day during winter break. I look forward to this unpaid break all year!
Live and Learn 09:46 AM 10-28-2010
Ok one more quick thought..maybe send home this note around Thanksgiving.
Attach a small calendar (with your closed days marked out) and ask that they pay for their requested days in the enclosed envelope by Dec 1st. Say something like "due to the high demand of childcare during the holiday season I will not be able to return payment for unused days because I frequently have to turn children away to save your reserved spot."...Just a thought. Somebody out there probably has a better idea from personal experience....can't say it enough though....Choose they days that you want of to be with family and stick to it!!!
momofsix 09:52 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
Ok one more quick thought..maybe send home this note around Thanksgiving.
Attach a small calendar (with your closed days marked out) and ask that they pay for their requested days in the enclosed envelope by Dec 1st. Say something like "due to the high demand of childcare during the holiday season I will not be able to return payment for unused days because I frequently have to turn children away to save your reserved spot."...Just a thought. Somebody out there probably has a better idea from personal experience....can't say it enough though....Choose they days that you want of to be with family and stick to it!!!
I like this, great way to guarantee you're paid!
countrymom 10:33 AM 10-28-2010
thats a good idea, but our thanksgiving was at the beginning of october. but regardless, I need the break to spend some time with my kids, most of my other parents don't care til the beginning of dec. but we will see what happens today.
Live and Learn 11:07 AM 10-28-2010
Oops! Forgot this forum has an international flair!
Typical arrogant American!...
I forgot you are Canadian. OOPS AND SORRY!
DBug 10:42 AM 10-29-2010
I agree with the PPs -- pick the days YOU want off, and give the dates to each of your families, along with a note saying that they are responsible for paying for every other day, whether they're there or not. And then put it in your contract for next year . I have one week off over Christmas each year, and I let the parents know in advance. It took a bit for some of them to get used to it, but now they know that whatever days I'm open, they pay for on their last day of care beforehand.
Tags:christmas, holidays, notify
Reply Up