Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part Time Care and Paid Holidays?
newtodaycare22 12:33 PM 10-31-2010
I have a pt girl who only comes on Thursdays. In November I'm closed 2 Thursdays for Federal holidays, which techincally my contract says are paid holidays. I feel bad asking her parents to pay that though...because it's the only day she comes. For my full timers....bring on the money Anyone else a softy in this area?
daysofelijah 12:40 PM 10-31-2010
I would offer a different day that week if I had the space. Otherwise I'd probably require payment.
legomom922 03:56 PM 10-31-2010
If this is in your contract, and she signed it, I would either offer her another day or have her pay like the others. Now if I knew that a mom was in a financial bind, then I would let it slide. I have one mom who is going through a bank ruptcy because of her divorce, so I would never charge her. Sometimes compassion goes along way.
DCMom 05:46 AM 11-01-2010
For me, it depends on the family and their attitude.

I have a dcm who clearly states that she chose her part time days in order to AVOID paying for days off and holidays. On the occasional day (like Thanksgiving) that she ends up paying for a day off, she comments endlessly. That family would pay.

Then there is the family who treats me well, maybe has to work on Thursday or Black Friday, those I will let slide. Heck, I probably would even take her kid if she really needed me to.

That's the beauty of being 'the boss'
DanceMom 06:03 AM 11-01-2010
I would offer another day for her to come also - otherwise If I could afford it I probably wouldnt make them pay. ( Totally depends on the family though, if they are jerks I would make them pay )
SilverSabre25 06:21 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:

Then there is the family who treats me well, maybe has to work on Thursday or Black Friday, those I will let slide. Heck, I probably would even take her kid if she really needed me to.

That's the beauty of being 'the boss'
Amen to that!! I have a family like that, too.
Tags:paid holidays, part time care
Reply Up