Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm DONE with Daycare!
MaritimeMummy 11:13 AM 04-19-2013
I mean it! I got the job I was waiting for!

I don't start until June but this is good, I can start transitioning the kids out soon, once I get a concrete start date.

I am going to miss the kids...but it is time.

So, it's my contract to give a month's notice. How would you do it? Verbal? Email? Letter? I don't give out letters here typically, I'm pretty casual, and none of the parents would leave me hanging for payment. I have been extremely lucky, the parents have been great.
Evansmom 11:16 AM 04-19-2013
Yay! Congrats on your new job!

If it were me I'd type up a letter but briefly explain it as I was handing it to the parents. The letter is just a formal way to address this kind of situation.
Mom&Provider 11:21 AM 04-19-2013
Congrats!

I could tell from your other posts about wanting to avoid taking on a new infant that you were done.

I would type a brief letter, at least to outline the dates in writing so no one could say later you didn't stand up to your contract. I would also tell each family in person at pick-up on the day you hand out the letter since it is more personal and what they are used to.

GL!
GoodKarma 11:28 AM 04-19-2013
Congratulations on your new job!
AmyKidsCo 11:32 AM 04-19-2013
Congratulations!
e.j. 11:34 AM 04-19-2013
Congratulations!

Personally, I would tell my parents verbally while handing them a letter to formally give notice of the closing date.
Texasjeepgirl 11:35 AM 04-19-2013
Originally Posted by Evansmom:

If it were me I'd type up a letter but briefly explain it as I was handing it to the parents. The letter is just a formal way to address this kind of situation.
I fully agree
mema 11:41 AM 04-19-2013
Originally Posted by Evansmom:

And congrats on the new job!
MamaBearCanada 11:52 AM 04-19-2013
I agree with the others. A letter with a brief verbal explanation is professional & friendly. Congrats!!
KnoxMom 11:57 AM 04-19-2013
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Congratulations!

Personally, I would tell my parents verbally while handing them a letter to formally give notice of the closing date.
This.

I'm very happy for you!
Reply Up