Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG! Do You Ever Feel Like You Spend Every Monday Retraining Your DCKs!?
Soccermom 06:48 AM 10-07-2013
ARG! I feel like every Monday, I spend the entire day retraining the kids how to act like human beings! Honestly, what goes on at home over the weekend that turns these little angels I send home on Fridays into the little monsters that arrive here on Mondays??
blandino 06:54 AM 10-07-2013
I am sitting here listening to a baby scream, thinking the same exact thing. He takes a nap every day at this time, he normally fusses a little and then falls asleep, but on Monday's it is awful. There is nothing I can do for him, he is just crabby and can't put himself down. He fell asleep as I was typing.
crazydaycarelady 06:56 AM 10-07-2013
Yes, I have to re-train every Monday! The only good thing is they usually sleep good after apparently having no schedule all weekend.
blandino 07:14 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
I am sitting here listening to a baby scream, thinking the same exact thing. He takes a nap every day at this time, he normally fusses a little and then falls asleep, but on Monday's it is awful. There is nothing I can do for him, he is just crabby and can't put himself down. He fell asleep as I was typing.
And he is awake...
Soccermom 07:26 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by blandino:
And he is awake...
Oh no! Mondays are so tough...they make me rethink my whole career choice but then by Friday, I'm like - I love my job....(Most of the time LOL)
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 10-07-2013
I think I am the exact opposite

Mondays are my awesome days... I think 99.9% of my DCF's have NO routine or schedule over the weekend that come Monday morning at drop off the kids can't wait to come back to routines/schedules.

I also have 8 out of 10 kids who are only children so I think they really enjoy socializing here.

Come Friday, my kids are CRAZY and I can't wait for the day to end.

Most Mondays, I do paperwork and/or planning since the kids could care less if I am even in the same room as they are.
Michelle 07:46 AM 10-07-2013
it's still early and only one cup of coffee so far and I read that as
Do you restrain?

then I thought ..this is going to be an interesting thread

Yes I do have to retrain but the only difference I have with Mondays is they actually all crash at nap time from all the stuff they did over the weekend.
Cradle2crayons 07:58 AM 10-07-2013
Since I provide care on the weekends, generally I don't have issues. But occasionally, my 3 sibling set, if their mom has two weekdays off in a row, I have issues.

They don't nap at home... They have no schedule etc. they eat junk and drink Mountain Dew because moms dozing in the couch half the day etc.

The main problem I have with them is that all 3 kids sleep with their mom at home because she claims she can't get any of them to sleep in their own beds at night, they constantly out everything in their mouths, they always have fingers up noses and they have no concept of socially acceptable behaviors. That makes things difficult. Plus when they get here at 400 pm, they haven't had a nap, a snack, sometimes not even lunch, and are coked up on soda and candy.... That's my issues with them. But I only have to get through 4 1/2 hours and then they go to bed!! Lol.
Michelle 08:01 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
Since I provide care on the weekends, generally I don't have issues. But occasionally, my 3 sibling set, if their mom has two weekdays off in a row, I have issues.

They don't nap at home... They have no schedule etc. they eat junk and drink Mountain Dew because moms dozing in the couch half the day etc.

The main problem I have with them is that all 3 kids sleep with their mom at home because she claims she can't get any of them to sleep in their own beds at night, they constantly out everything in their mouths, they always have fingers up noses and they have no concept of socially acceptable behaviors. That makes things difficult. Plus when they get here at 400 pm, they haven't had a nap, a snack, sometimes not even lunch, and are coked up on soda and candy.... That's my issues with them. But I only have to get through 4 1/2 hours and then they go to bed!! Lol.

wow!
does their dentist have a beach house somewhere?

caregiver 08:01 AM 10-07-2013
My Mondays are terrible also! The kids don't seem to have any schedule on the weekends and parents just seem to run places on the weekends and the kids get no naps and get so overtired. Then when they come here Monday morning, they are SO crabby and unruly just because they ARE SO overtired. It takes me two days to get them back on schedule here. By Friday I have them being good Little troopers and then it is the weekend again and then comes Monday mornings again and it starts all over.
It is so hard when the kids have one schedule at daycare and then NO schedule at home on the weekends. I wish parents would try and keep somewhat of a similar schedule at home, but I guess weekends parents are busy doing what they can't do during the week, but would be nice if they considered their kids needs on the weekends too.
Cradle2crayons 08:36 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
wow!
does their dentist have a beach house somewhere?
Lol... WHAT dentist. Her 3 and 2 year old have never been and the 6 year olds teeth are in horrible condition. And there's no excuse. They have Medicaid.
Soccermom 08:52 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:
it's still early and only one cup of coffee so far and I read that as
Do you restrain?

then I thought ..this is going to be an interesting thread

Yes I do have to retrain but the only difference I have with Mondays is they actually all crash at nap time from all the stuff they did over the weekend.
LMAO! No haven't had to restrain yet
jenn 09:01 AM 10-07-2013
Mine are in la-la land on Mondays. They act like they have no idea what to do. I think they are just so overly tired that they can't function. Monday naps rock! The babies are so used to being held every second, that they really struggle on Mondays. Lots of crying.
coolconfidentme 09:25 AM 10-07-2013
I have one DCB who is rude & demanding every Monday. I'm tired of reteaching him to be polite all over again. Sad, but I dread most Mondays with him.
Play Care 09:40 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Mondays are my awesome days... I think 99.9% of my DCF's have NO routine or schedule over the weekend that come Monday morning at drop off the kids can't wait to come back to routines/schedules.

I also have 8 out of 10 kids who are only children so I think they really enjoy socializing here.

Most Mondays, I do paperwork and/or planning since the kids could care less if I am even in the same room as they are.
This is usually my Monday as well. My kids are low key from being overtired and it's actually nice
daycarediva 09:43 AM 10-07-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
Mine are in la-la land on Mondays. They act like they have no idea what to do. I think they are just so overly tired that they can't function. Monday naps rock! The babies are so used to being held every second, that they really struggle on Mondays. Lots of crying.
BIG perk to Monday is nap!

Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I have one DCB who is rude & demanding every Monday. I'm tired of reteaching him to be polite all over again. Sad, but I dread most Mondays with him.
Add screaming to the list and I have his 3yo twin here. The first thing he said to me this morning was "You need to make my breakfast NOW because I am not waiting for everyone else." and started screaming his head off when I said nope, have to wait for everyone. That was before his Dad even left!

Add downpouring rain and a pop inspection, and I am having a GREAT MONDAY (sarcasm intended!)
spinnymarie 01:32 PM 10-07-2013
Today I've said:
Showing booties is NEVER appropriate and will result in BIG time outs! (whatever that means)
If you can't remember the rules by yourself we will have to take a break from playing to talk about the rules!
We can't go on walks anymore if you aren't following the rules!
No Spitting!
No picking your nose!
Get out of the bathroom!
.... and on... and on...
Mondays are definitely the hardest
KidGrind 03:27 PM 10-07-2013
For some reason it was a great day with the kids.

One particular family not so much.
JoseyJo 04:05 PM 10-07-2013
Mondays are great here- no schedule at home and my kiddos love a routine

Tuesdays on the other hand are known around here as Terrible Tuesdays! I wish I could figure out what is causing it so I can fix it!
blandino 05:32 PM 10-07-2013
My Monday afternoon....

6 mo old DCB has slept a total of 20 min all day. Won't go down even wen we let him CIO. So is up an screaming.

2 yo DCG woke up with a fever, sat her at the table to seperate when she proceeded to whine and cry.

4 mo old DCG was unusually fussy

3 yo DCB takes off his pull-up and pees on the floor.
heyhun77 06:04 PM 10-07-2013

I'm with you on this. Mine crave the routine and structure (I have a very flexible schedule but we still tend to do things in the same order, just not always for the same length of time).
Sunshine74 06:17 PM 10-07-2013
Oh yes, 12 cranky toddlers, including one new who just started today, pouring rain, and I only slept about 4 hours last night.

Not to mention there was a crazy gunman and a burning house. Not too close to our center, but down the street from my parents house, and caused all the schools to be put on lockdown. Situation is resolved now, but it was pretty stressful while it was going on.

Yes, Monday can go away any time now.
tandow 08:20 AM 10-08-2013
I don't have DCK right now, but I feel like I have to retrain my 12 and 8 year old after they get home from their dad's! Our routines (or my routine and his lack of routine) and parenting styles are completely different!
delferka 08:13 AM 11-17-2014
Okay, 2 weeks ago 10 month old baby had a bad cold/flu and didn't make it to DC for 5 days.
He used to sleep like and angel for two 2 hour naps at least. Now he screams whenever I put him in the same bed he's been sleeping in for 8 months!
Parents say they now rock him to sleep or he's in the car or in a bouncy when he goes to sleep now. Apparently he forgot how to get himself to sleep.

I asked the parents if we could get on the same page because I can't rock him but they don't do it on their end. They aren't doing him any favors that's for sure. Today is cry it out day!
What do you guys do? I had twins of my own and let them cry it out by that age.
BumbleBee 10:12 AM 11-17-2014
Originally Posted by jenn:
This is what I see here most of the time. "Go wash your hands please" blank stare. "Go wash your hands please" blank stare. Take to the bathroom. "Wash your hands please" stares at the sink. "Put soap on your hands and scrub please" as I take their hands, put soap on them and help them scrub. Turn water on, scrub under the water, rinse off their hands-while telling them what they are doing. Hand them a paper towel "Dry your hands please" blank stare. Dry hands for child myself. "Throw the towel away please" blank stare. Guide the child to the waste basket and assist them in throwing the paper towel away. "Yay we did it!" blank stare. "Go play please" blank stare. Guide to play room and walk away because I'm spent.
Blackcat31 10:46 AM 11-17-2014
As always, the info is relevant but FYI...this is an old thread.
daycarediva 10:49 AM 11-17-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
This is what I see here most of the time. "Go wash your hands please" blank stare. "Go wash your hands please" blank stare. Take to the bathroom. "Wash your hands please" stares at the sink. "Put soap on your hands and scrub please" as I take their hands, put soap on them and help them scrub. Turn water on, scrub under the water, rinse off their hands-while telling them what they are doing. Hand them a paper towel "Dry your hands please" blank stare. Dry hands for child myself. "Throw the towel away please" blank stare. Guide the child to the waste basket and assist them in throwing the paper towel away. "Yay we did it!" blank stare. "Go play please" blank stare. Guide to play room and walk away because I'm spent.
LOL!! This is hysterical because EVERY single one of my daycare kiddo forgets how to flush, wipe and wash hands by Monday. Do the parents do it for them? Not do it at all (EW)? UGH!
ColorfulSunburst 10:52 AM 11-17-2014
I have other problem. Every Monday almost all of them come with running nose.
And every Monday they are ready to sleep 3 hours.
Shell 10:56 AM 11-17-2014
Just thought I would add that just about everyone of my dc kids supposedly has issues with constipation (even listed in the enrollment form under "other"), and yet they all magically "go" within ten minutes on Monday morning. Yuck
Soccermom 05:58 PM 11-17-2014
As always, the info is relevant but FYI...this is an old thread.
LOL I was thinking that someone had hacked my account when I first logged in this morning and saw a second thread started by me.

Then I read it and realized that I had posted it last year.
christine19720 06:18 AM 11-18-2014
Pretty Much...
Tags:monday
Reply Up