Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT Key Pad Door Lock For Daycare
daycare 03:28 PM 03-18-2014
So a parent that I interviewed with a few days back was telling me that her previous provider had a door lock that was a key pin pad that was set by their contracted times of care. so basically every family was given a different pin number and the pin number could only open the door during the times of care that they provider set. So it they attended from 810 am to 515 pm, then their pin number could only open the door at those exact times.

This sounds like heaven. I would love to find something like this. has anyone else ever heard of such a product?
momofboys 03:42 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
So a parent that I interviewed with a few days back was telling me that her previous provider had a door lock that was a key pin pad that was set by their contracted times of care. so basically every family was given a different pin number and the pin number could only open the door during the times of care that they provider set. So it they attended from 810 am to 515 pm, then their pin number could only open the door at those exact times.

This sounds like heaven. I would love to find something like this. has anyone else ever heard of such a product?
I think MV had one like this, maybe she could tell more about it!
mountainside13 08:26 AM 03-19-2014
That's very interesting. I would like to know what it's called.
daycare 08:27 AM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
That's very interesting. I would like to know what it's called.
me too. MV where are you? lol
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
me too. MV where are you? lol

I found this via the search function:

Originally Posted by MV:
I agree. There was NO WAY I would leave my doors unlocked during the day. For the convenience of my clients and my customers I got a keyless key-pad entry system and they each have their own code to get in that coincides with their schedule of hours. This way I can keep my doors locked and they each get in. I carry my phone on my person at all times and it alerts me when someones comes into my home so no "surprise" arrivals. Totally worth my piece of mind and deffinetely better than having a burgler come into my home and rob me. Poor kids ... poor woman.
Originally Posted by MV:
I ordered mine from Amazon (Schlage Link) but you can get them from Lowe's and I'm assuming from Home Depot and other home improvement stores. It's a pretty penny and set me back a couple hundred dollars but we were having daytime burgleries in my area of a ring of people being dropped off by a van and these people were just knocking on doors and if not answered they would try unlocked or opened doors, windows or garages. Sometimes they would go into the backyards and break windows to get in. A few times people were home and just didn't answer the door. If someone did answer the door they would ask for some random person and apologize for getting the wrong house

The only thing about the lock is that you have to have internet access and pay a $9 a month service fee to be able to use it's full features like scheduling specific times that the lock will work for each code. I deffinetely thought it was worth the money and hey, it's a business expense. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I really worry about some of the ladies on the forum that aren't allowed to lock your doors during DC hours .
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34381
daycare 08:39 AM 03-19-2014
how many years have I been here and I still don't know how to tag or search for things. thanks BC.. I am going to look into now.
daycare 08:43 AM 03-19-2014
I found it.... now my only question to MV is does it meet the California Fire Egress requirements for licensing?

I have a large DC, I need to have a front door handle that can open from the inside at all times. This is required by the fire dept. and licensing.
Texasjeepgirl 12:18 PM 03-20-2014
I have digital key pad ..
I live inside our family furniture store... for those that haven't read my posts before...
we have a large room in the back corner of a large commercial building that my mother in law has owned for 40 plus years... we turned this room into a loft style apartment.. my kitchen and daycare room are the next rooms over... I have a private entrance for my daycare... from the outside... but I also have an inside entrance... in other words...the daycare client could park at the front of the furniture store...enter the main entrance...walk through the building to the daycare entry door.. punch the code in on the keypad and enter ...
I also have a key pad entry to the door from the furniture store into my private apartment..
I wish I had known about the one talked about on this thread...that is EXCELLENT...
I'm not interested in the contracted hours issue.. I don't do that with my clients...I open at 7 a.m...and close at 5:30...
But.. it would save my husband having to physically change the code on the weekends when we are away from home... which is what he currently does now...

www.tammyschildcare.com

Reply Up