Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thankful for DCG
mamamanda 02:28 PM 06-22-2015
So many of my posts are asking for help with negative behaviors, I just wanted to share a special moment I saw from dcg 4 today. I've shared that son of the dcks have been rough with my 9mo & I had to implement a no touching the baby rule. We've talked about when they were all babies & what to expect from a baby & things have gotten better, but I still feel like I can't take my eyes off my infant. Well, dcg has been wonderful with him. She talks to him, reminds other kids to be nice to him, & tells me she would love to take him home for the night if I need a break. Haha She's been trying to get him to say "hi" for several weeks & today he pulled himself up to the small table she was playing at, looked right at her, & said, "hiiiiiiii." She was so excited! He'd never said hi before so maybe it was just a coincidence, but it sure looked like he knew what he was saying & she was pleased as could be. These are the moments that make childcare worth the effort.
Blackcat31 04:48 PM 06-22-2015
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
So many of my posts are asking for help with negative behaviors, I just wanted to share a special moment I saw from dcg 4 today. I've shared that son of the dcks have been rough with my 9mo & I had to implement a no touching the baby rule. We've talked about when they were all babies & what to expect from a baby & things have gotten better, but I still feel like I can't take my eyes off my infant. Well, dcg has been wonderful with him. She talks to him, reminds other kids to be nice to him, & tells me she would love to take him home for the night if I need a break. Haha She's been trying to get him to say "hi" for several weeks & today he pulled himself up to the small table she was playing at, looked right at her, & said, "hiiiiiiii." She was so excited! He'd never said hi before so maybe it was just a coincidence, but it sure looked like he knew what he was saying & she was pleased as could be. These are the moments that make childcare worth the effort.

What a great post!

We do alot of venting so its nice to take a moment to appreciate the positives!
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 06-23-2015

It's so wonderful when children learn from other children, especially the sweet cute things.
AuntTami 04:57 AM 06-23-2015
I love watching the excitement from the older kids when the babies finally learn something we've been trying to teach them! They get more excited than me at times!!
MyAngels 08:19 AM 06-23-2015
Awww, that's the way it should be between older kids and babies! Yay for you and your dcg
Tags:great children, positive praise
Reply Up