Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh My Word
Baby Beluga 08:49 AM 08-05-2015
It's a day! The children have not been here but two hours today and they are ALL crabby, tired and whiny. Every parent commented that their children did not sleep well last night and 3 of the 5 have runny noses. I foresee an early nap today
AuntTami 10:28 AM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
It's a day! The children have not been here but two hours today and they are ALL crabby, tired and whiny. Every parent commented that their children did not sleep well last night and 3 of the 5 have runny noses. I foresee an early nap today
It was early nap here too. They were all good until about 10:30 and then the melt downs began. Usually lunch is 11:30-12:00 but today it was 11:00-11:30 and naps immediately after. Do not pass go. Do not pick up toys lol.

I didn't even bother making them clean up before lunch/naps because they were all SOO DONE and it was going to be more stressful for me to make them clean it up than do it myself lol. It stands to reason though, since I had a good Monday in daycare terms (everything else went to hell that day though)
midaycare 11:05 AM 08-05-2015
I had a dcp tell me at drop off that dcg has diarrhea due to her new meds. She has a doctor's note, so I let her stay, but I am making her wear pull-ups (she is newly potty trained). Dcg has been wailing all day about it. But ... I'm not taking that chance. Nope, sorry!
mamamanda 12:56 PM 08-05-2015
I feel your pain. Here's wishing you a great day tomorrow!!!
Baby Beluga 01:42 PM 08-05-2015
It's like a full moon....but without the actual full moon! All but one of mine crashed at nap time. The one who isn't sleeping desperately wants to but can't get comfortable enough to sleep. He is quietly resting on his cot though.

Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I feel your pain. Here's wishing you a great day tomorrow!!!
I just saw your post - I sure hope tomorrow is better for you too!
Baby Beluga 09:30 PM 08-05-2015
Just wanted to say after today I treated myself to a bubble bath and a mug brownie tonight

Hope you ladies treated yourself as well and here is to hoping tomorrow is better!

Blackcat31 06:40 AM 08-06-2015
Mmmm, that looks fantastic!

I am counting down the days until school starts and we are back to our normal daily routine.

I have 3 kids off to Kindy this Fall and a new baby sister for one of my preschoolers. I don't have SA kids in care but I do have a few teacher families that have their kids on strange schedules due to it being summer vacation so my days are pretty open ended and honestly it is starting to wear on me....

I "need" my oldest kids to be on their way already....
(I have issues with kids that are that age because they are tough to manage and not my ideal age group to work with )

I have certain activities and centers that are only out during the school year and I think some of my kids are having withdrawals from not having those options and I am craving the low key days we normally have in the winter months.

Only 3 more weeks here and routine and consistency will be regular and normal around here.
midaycare 07:09 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Mmmm, that looks fantastic!

Only 3 more weeks here and routine and consistency will be regular and normal around here.
I'm jealous! The kids here don't go back until after Labor Day...
spedmommy4 07:15 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I guess I shouldn't complain. My ds and dd go back to school Aug. 19th. They have been getting the kids riled up every day the last few weeks. I am counting down the days myself.
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I think school starts here after Labor Day too but MY "school year" begins the 3rd week in August.

2 weeks before September 1, I require ALL kids that had wonky schedules/attendance for the summer to resume regular attendance.

1 week before September 1, I no longer provide services to those kids entering Kindy. Parents and families need to make alternate care arrangements for their soon-to-be Kindy children.

So technically "real" school starts here around the same time as you but my routine begins to slowly creep back to normal a few weeks prior.
midaycare 07:31 AM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think school starts here after Labor Day too but MY "school year" begins the 3rd week in August.

2 weeks before September 1, I require ALL kids that had wonky schedules/attendance for the summer to resume regular attendance.

1 week before September 1, I no longer provide services to those kids entering Kindy. Parents and families need to make alternate care arrangements for their soon-to-be Kindy children.

So technically "real" school starts here around the same time as you but my routine begins to slowly creep back to normal a few weeks prior.
Wow - I'm going to have to include that in my handbook if I ever decide to take SA'ers.
Baby Beluga 08:27 AM 08-06-2015
Wow, school starts late in your areas! Some children here went back as early as the last week of July. The rest start this week or next.
Tags:chaos
Reply Up