Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Naps

What do u use for naptime-cots, pnp, cribs, or toddler beds? If you use cots which ones are most comfy & at what a ge can they be used?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

beds, cots, crib, mats
Old 08-26-2012, 05:01 PM

I use nap mats. The folding kind they sell for Kindergarten. I use them because I don't want the kiddos to sleep on the floor because although carpeted, it isn't all the soft. Each child has their own pillow and blanket too.

I don't use cots anymore due to the amount of storage they take up and I surely don't have room in my daycare to have beds for everyone.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I use nap mats. The folding kind they sell for Kindergarten. I use them because I don't want the kiddos to sleep on the floor because although carpeted, it isn't all the soft. Each child has their own pillow and blanket too.

I don't use cots anymore due to the amount of storage they take up and I surely don't have room in my daycare to have beds for everyone.
I have cots and never gave much thought to saving space... What do the mats look like? Where did you get them?
I also use PNP for babies.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Daycare.com Member

I use to use mats but Ohio changed the laws about the thickness. I got cots, love them! The kids stay on them soooo much better. I move them over from the pbp after about a year and a half. Now, that being said my 3 yr old fits fine on the cots. My 4 yr old needs the mat. Babies are in pnps (I own 3)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma View Post
I have cots and never gave much thought to saving space... What do the mats look like? Where did you get them?
I also use PNP for babies.
I get them at Target and/or Wal-mart. They usually have them on clearance right after school starts since they sell them as part of the school supply stuff.

They cost under $10 and I think the last one I got on clearance I got for like $2.00 or something. They are easy to clean and simple to repalce if necessary and take up way less space for storage than the cots do/did.

Here is a couple photos of the mats in use and the mats folded up.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 10-12-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I use pack n plays for the smaller ones & toddler cots for the bigger ones .
the nice thing about the toddler ones is they fold up kind of like a camping chair so hardly any space(there are even the bags like camping chairs) & there only 22$ at walmart And my five year olds fit with room to spare!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

I use PNP's for the little ones, once they're about 3, they move onto the cots. My Mother-in-law got them from her church (preschool enrollment dropped significantly and they were closing it down), so they were free Kids sleep for 2-3 hours no problem. My kids even want to use the for pretend sleepovers during the weekend.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 AM

I use the tri or quad folding mats - same reason BC said, I just don't have the space for the mats - but I found the ones in Target/Toys R Us this time of year (for BTS) are too TINY. I bought some last year and they were sooooo tiny compared to the ones I already had so I returned them. Mine came from my licensing agency years ago and they are just now starting to split/rip in a few spots. I will have to replace them soon but I got 10+ years out of them so can't complain!

oh, and the babies sleep upstairs in pack n plays - I transition to the mat usually about 24 months, sometimes a little earlier.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:02 AM
New Daycare.com Member

younger ones in PNP
older ones on cots. they all go up while im making lunch and come back down after nap.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Play-at-Home Mummy

I used to use pack and plays for the little ones until I became an approve day care, then I had to stop and they supplied me with a portable crib. I can lose my approval if someone comes in and sees a pack and play.

Moot point now because the only child young enough to be in a crib is my own son. The rest of the kids use foldable mats.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77 View Post
What do u use for naptime-cots, pnp, cribs, or toddler beds? If you use cots which ones are most comfy & at what a ge can they be used?
I use the fold-up two-inch mats. Two inches padding is required for licensing. My children begin using the mats at age 12 months. I do use pack n plays for the children under 12 months.

Tags
beds, cots, crib, mats