Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dishwasher?? State Requirement??
SunflowerMama 06:52 AM 04-16-2010
My dishwasher was broken for a while so the first month or so of daycare I was washing by hand. We just got it fixed and I said something on FB about having my dishwasher back and someone commented that they were surprised it wasn't a state requirement to have one.

I didn't even know?? Is it a State Requirement in your state?? I'm going to have to check my standards but didn't even think about it.
MarinaVanessa 06:56 AM 04-16-2010
Not in CA ... ??? Seems silly to me that a dishwasher would be required for daycare. Not everybody has one and even when they do (like my mother) they don't use it. My mother uses it as extra storage space lol. Honestly I don't think she even knows how to use it
SunflowerMama 06:57 AM 04-16-2010
That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't even think twice about until someone made a comment. Just needed to know if I quickly needed to remove my comment .
Unregistered 07:16 AM 04-16-2010
I don't know where I would keep my tupperware if I used my dishwasher to actually wash dishes.
GretasLittleFriends 07:43 AM 04-16-2010
It is not a requirement in the county where I live in MN. I would love to have one, but as of now we don't have the space for it. It would be a huge convenience, but it's not a requirement.
tymaboy 08:06 AM 04-16-2010
Not a requirement here either but I think it saves me a few steps. I think that cuz at my 1 inspection the lady made a comment about the dishwasher & how I dont have to worry about sanitizing the dishes since it does it for me.
grandmom 01:25 PM 04-16-2010
Check your regs and get it off FB. WA says if it's not washed in a dishwasher, it must be washed in the 3-tub method. The third tub being bleach water.
originalkat 02:18 PM 04-16-2010
It is not a requirement here either. Hmmm. too bad I use it so much or that would be the perfect place for tupperware. LOL!
Tags:dishwasher
Reply Up