Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Twas the Day Before Thanksgiving
BumbleBee 01:53 PM 11-27-2013
And all through the daycare

The toys were put up and for 4 days would stay there.

Away were the kids, except for those 2
Who acted more like they belong in a zoo!

The parents were missing, and 3 hours late
Plus 1 unhappy provider who is very irate.

To the computer she goes, to type up a letter
Praying & hoping the next family is better.

To be continued. . .
TwinKristi 02:01 PM 11-27-2013
Oh man! I hope this is fiction... 3hrs late??
BumbleBee 02:03 PM 11-27-2013
I wish it was!
Blackcat31 02:04 PM 11-27-2013
Oooo, I'd be steaming mad too!

Are they just not answering your calls/texts?
BumbleBee 02:07 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Are they just not answering your calls/texts?
Yuppers. I am livid.
TwinKristi 02:09 PM 11-27-2013
Wow!! What on earth... I cannot imagine just being MIA ya know? What about their emergency contacts?
BumbleBee 02:09 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Wow!! What on earth... I cannot imagine just being MIA ya know? What about their emergency contacts?
All outta town for the holiday :-(
spud912 02:13 PM 11-27-2013
Ugh, that is awful!

I do really like how you wrote your post though !
TwinKristi 02:18 PM 11-27-2013
At our old preschool aftercare program if you didn't show up, they called the police! No emergency list- just straight to the police! Most of the families had subsidized childcare so they couldn't "add it to their bill" but I don't think they had many late parents.
At the point of 3hrs I would actually consider calling the police. If you have their address you can also do a white pages search and find neighbors to contact. If you call the police you could request a welfare check on them. For all you know they're dead in a ditch!
melilley 02:19 PM 11-27-2013
Oh wow!

I love your poetry though!
dingledine 02:20 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by spud912:
ugh, that is awful!

I do really like how you wrote your post though !
agreed!
Blackcat31 02:24 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
At our old preschool aftercare program if you didn't show up, they called the police! No emergency list- just straight to the police! Most of the families had subsidized childcare so they couldn't "add it to their bill" but I don't think they had many late parents.
At the point of 3hrs I would actually consider calling the police. If you have their address you can also do a white pages search and find neighbors to contact. If you call the police you could request a welfare check on them. For all you know they're dead in a ditch!
Here if children are left for more than 60 minutes and none of their parents or emergency contacts are available, we HAVE to call CPS.

Same if they are left after business hours.
BumbleBee 02:35 PM 11-27-2013
Picked up a few minutes ago

Won't be back-ever

Bottle of wine is now open
BumbleBee 02:36 PM 11-27-2013
Thanks for the comments on how it's written :-) Thought I'd have a little fun w/it!
Leanna 02:39 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by Trummynme:

Won't be back-ever

Wait...they were more than 3 hours late? Did they even tell you why? Did they explain you not being able to reach them? Did you close early (not that it matters...just curious if they could say "they forgot"). I would have been terrified that they were in an accident or something!!!
Unregistered 02:41 PM 11-27-2013
Out of curiosity, what was their excuse and reaction to the letter? What did YOU say when they finally showed? I'd have been so po'ed!
Scout 02:52 PM 11-27-2013
Love your poem! And man, I must have the best families! I have never had anyone be even 5 min late without contact. How terrible to do that to you! I am glad you termed and also want to know what they said to the letter and as to why they were late!
Cradle2crayons 03:00 PM 11-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here if children are left for more than 60 minutes and none of their parents or emergency contacts are available, we HAVE to call CPS.

Same if they are left after business hours.
Same here!!
Unregistered 03:19 PM 11-27-2013
And I thought I had gotten horrible families. I have never had one go past 1.5 hours late and honestly even that was only because I was so upset that she was late everyday that I didn't call her.....the school did to tell her school was out an hour ago and they still had her older kid lol She was sleeping.

I can't wait to hear their excuse.
Heidi 03:36 PM 11-27-2013

Won't be back-ever

Cheers!

Love your poem, btw. I bet the goodbye was reeeaaaal pretty. Too bad you couldn't the wine before hand.
BumbleBee 04:20 PM 11-27-2013
They forgot to set the alarm because they were home taking a nap.

They just kinda stared at me when I termed. Not a whole lot was said.
melilley 04:26 PM 11-27-2013
They forgot to set the alarm because they were home taking a nap.

They just kinda stared at me when I termed. Not a whole lot was said.
They "forgot" huh?

I kept checking back to see what happened!
daycarediva 04:57 PM 11-27-2013
Home taking a NAP!?

What if it had been an emergency!??!?

I would have termed as well! and I, too loved the poem.

Enjoy your wine, you deserve it!
jessrlee 05:58 PM 11-27-2013
Wow! How irresponsible! I hope you called their work looking for them
TwinKristi 06:50 PM 11-27-2013
God I'm so paranoid... I don't know how I left my kids at daycare without a cell phone when I was younger! Now I have to keep my phone right next to me if one of my kids are at a friends or something. I can't imagine (of all days) just leaving my kids at daycare to take a nap and then napping THREE extra hours?! Crazy!!!
dave4him 07:12 PM 11-27-2013
So easy to be taken advantage of...
Lucy 07:43 PM 11-27-2013
Had they pulled cr*p on you before?

How did you word your letter?

Had they paid anything in advance? Do you have a deposit from them that will serve as your 2-weeks, or are you just cutting your losses to be done with them?

Curious minds want to know!!!
e.j. 07:48 PM 11-27-2013
Over the years, I've had several parents who have picked up late claiming they took a nap or fell asleep and woke up later than expected. (Never 3 hours late, though - and on the eve of a major holiday. Wow!)

One dcm did it several times before I lost patience and suggested she set her alarm clock. For the life of me, I don't understand why parents who know they are tired and know they will need to pick their children up from day care by a certain hour don't set their alarm clock before they lie down just to ensure they don't oversleep. It's just common sense as far as I'm concerned.
Sugar Magnolia 04:49 AM 11-28-2013
I had a four hour late once. Mom was in jail. Niiiiiiiiiiiice. It was the child's FIRST DAY! I was partially to blame, I failed to make sure her enrollment form was in his bag, like she said it was.
Tags:thanksgiving, thanksgiving - poem
Reply Up