Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Foam Mats Sliding?
newtodaycare22 06:03 AM 01-03-2011
Does anyone have those foam mats on top of regular carpet? My slide across the room everyday and drive me crazy. It's not slippery to the point where the kids fall, but it's enough to gradually smoosh them up against the objects on the wall. Thanks for any suggestions!
melskids 07:15 AM 01-03-2011
you could try double sided carpet tape. i use that for my car/road carpet. i dont use those foam squares though. besides the little ones chewing on them, they attract dog hair, and it drives me batty!!!
TSDaycare 07:59 AM 01-03-2011
I had the one with letters and numbers that connected to make a huge mat on top of the carpet in my playroom-they were more of a nuisance than anything-all they did was move around and fall apart- I finally just got rid of them......
Cat Herder 08:17 AM 01-03-2011
On a Friday, after the kids leave/ add a criss cross pattern of Aleene's Tacky Glue "no-sew" for fabrics on the bottom of the mats. Once dry it works just like the socks with the no-sllip grips...

I actually use it on socks, rugs and feeted pj's all the time since I have hardwoods and the pre-fab ones are SO expensive.

Dont actually glue them down.....let the glue dry, sticky side up, first before putting back down on carpeting.
newtodaycare22 08:36 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
On a Friday, after the kids leave/ add a criss cross pattern of Aleene's Tacky Glue "no-sew" for fabrics on the bottom of the mats. Once dry it works just like the socks with the no-sllip grips...

I actually use it on socks, rugs and feeted pj's all the time since I have hardwoods and the pre-fab ones are SO expensive.

Dont actually glue them down.....let the glue dry, sticky side up, first before putting back down on carpeting.
Thank you sooo much! I should have asked a long time ago I kept rearranging to try to avoid the problem but I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter where everything else is...those mats slide! lol Thanks and I'll keep you updated!
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 01-03-2011
You are very welcome!!!
Tags:mat foam, mats
Reply Up