Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Had My 1st Inspection
broncomom1973 11:33 AM 02-02-2011
I had my 1st inspection the other day. I was so freaked out by it, that I spent literally all weekend preparing. I stayed up until 3 a.m. Friday, 4 a.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. Sunday night/morning. That's about the only time I can get anything done with my 3 kiddos, lol. Anyway, I am so sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences with a surveyor. Mine was sooooo extremely nice and helpful. She didnt actually go into our bedrooms upstairs (since we dont use upstairs at all for daycare), just wanted to know where the smoke detectors were. She peeked in at my tornado shelter, didnt go in my furnace room at all since it has a chain lock up high on it. Didnt look in any of my bathroom drawers, just asked what I use to lock everything and I showed her my Tot Lok magnet. She didnt look in the shower or in any kitchen drawers, but did want me to show her where I store my knives. She walked around the backyard briefly and I showed her how I unlock the gate, she peeked in the playhouse, noticed the new wood chips under the swingset. I took her to my husband gigantic gun safe when she asked where guns were kept. My fire extinguisher wasnt the right one, but dh has a huge one in the garage and she said that would work fine as long as I could lift it. She looked through all the paperwork and I had 1 citation- one of the childrens health assessments performed by the doctor and the parent fills out the front sheet had a question that the mom didnt answer. So, I called the mom right then and there and the surveyor noted that the citation was fixed, so that was it. I am soooooo thankful to have such a nice person to work with and am sorry that some of you dont get to experience someone like her.
DCMomOf3 11:36 AM 02-02-2011
Congratulations for doing so well! that is great news.
Abigail 03:46 PM 02-02-2011
What type of fire extinguisher are you suppose to have? Do those mini one-time use ones qualify? I have two of those under my sink right now and they last a few years before they expire.
broncomom1973 05:42 PM 02-02-2011
Where I live, you are supposed to have a 2A10BC extinguisher, mine was a 1A 10BC. Hope that helps.
Stacy214 07:00 PM 02-02-2011
Congratulations! I have a pretty nice lady too! Thank goodness, I've had some doozies in the past
Little People 04:25 AM 02-03-2011
Congratulations!
WImom 05:01 AM 02-03-2011
Congrats! Yeah I've had bad ones in the past but my recent one was very nice.
Tags:fire extinguisher, inspection
Reply Up