Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Angry Need Advice On Napping 2 Toddlers

Hello all,
I have 2 toddlers (ages 17 mos and 23 mos) who nap upstairs in my bedroom in pack-n-plays. I have never had a problem with them until recently...now I am beside myself in knowing what to do.

The problem: They have decided that it is fun to stand up and shake their cribs and pound on the wall. It causes a huge amount of noise and they love it. The issue is that it pounds on our ceiling where the rest of us are trying to nap and consequently..it wakes up the whole house.

I have tried everything from singing songs and rubbing backs to make it positive, to taking away stuffed animal and blanket. I cannot be licensed for any other upstairs bedrooms due to the size of my windows. I do not have 30 min of time to sit by their side until they fall asleep. As soon as I walk in the door, they both lay down, knowing they are doing "wrong".

Really really need input!!!! How do I put an end to this.....a couple weeks without a break and cranky kids is taking a toll on me.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

IMHO, it is time to do the hard work of transitioning them to cots or napmats.

I wish there was an easy button.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would separate two toddlers in different rooms. It is likely they are staying up and doing something fun when they are in the same room. It happened to my two daycare toddlers so I decided I separated them in different rooms and it works.

Maybe you should move pack n plays away from the wall so they won't pound the wall.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Can you get a room divider to put between them so they can't see eachother? Do you use white noise machines for the other nappers? That might help.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I would move them to mats or cots in the main nap area. Maybe try moving the older one first and see if that helps.

Tags
mats, napping, naptime routine, naughty, problem child, shaking, sleeping, toddlers, transitioning - crib to cot, transitioning - naps