Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Influenza
Unregistered 02:56 AM 03-17-2016
Hi. I am a sub for a home daycare. She is closed for 5 days and one of her families asked me to watch their children in my home 2 of the days. They were here yesterday and I just found out last night my 10 month old son has influenza type A. He is miserable. She still wants to bring her children for the second day since they have already been exposed. I just want to snuggle my sick baby. What do you do when your own child is sick? Do families still bring their children?
Michael 03:29 AM 03-17-2016
Some helpful threads on Sick Provider Children: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...vider+children
Leigh 06:59 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi. I am a sub for a home daycare. She is closed for 5 days and one of her families asked me to watch their children in my home 2 of the days. They were here yesterday and I just found out last night my 10 month old son has influenza type A. He is miserable. She still wants to bring her children for the second day since they have already been exposed. I just want to snuggle my sick baby. What do you do when your own child is sick? Do families still bring their children?
Being around someone with an illness is NOT the same as contracting the illness. The more time those kids spend around someone with it, the more likely they are to get it. I can't believe a parent would want to send their kids to a home with influenza-it's MISERABLE! I'd just tell her no, sorry, I need to care for my son, and the guidelines for exclusion in our state say that he isn't well enough to be around other kids.
Unregistered 07:01 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Being around someone with an illness is NOT the same as contracting the illness. The more time those kids spend around someone with it, the more likely they are to get it. I can't believe a parent would want to send their kids to a home with influenza-it's MISERABLE! I'd just tell her no, sorry, I need to care for my son, and the guidelines for exclusion in our state say that he isn't well enough to be around other kids.
Thanks for your reply!!

I spoke to her and she is not bringing her children over. Thank heavens because baby boy is miserable!
MunchkinWrangler 07:28 AM 03-17-2016
Some people! Honestly, it's not even about her children it's about yours. I'm glad this worked out and she didn't bring them, but ultimately you were doing a favor and next time I would just be clear that your own child needs to rest and all of your attention plus a quiet environment.
Tags:influenza a, sick provider children
Reply Up