Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Way of Getting Results
Unregistered 07:19 AM 07-20-2011
Hello all I've just been trying to find some info on how daycare run. I am a step mom of a 4 yr/old. I dont want to start a day care or anything just needing advise on how to get things changed a bit.

My step son has not been wanting to go to preschool because during the summer our daycare takes after-schoolers(?) for the summer. They are picking on the younger kids.

Before, we had a problem with an older child being VERY ruff with the children and the school having what seemed like way too many kids for one care giver to handle on their own.

We really like the daycare and my step son has always loved to go until now. What are the best ways to help get things changed in any previous experiences

Thank you
Danielle
MsMe 07:52 AM 07-20-2011
1. Switch to a daycare that does not have Afterschool children.

2. Expect your child to be asked to leave when he becomes a School age child.
erinalexmom 09:10 AM 07-20-2011
I think the first step would be to go to the daycare teachers with your concerns. They honestly might not realize its an issue until you bring it to thier attention.
mom2many 09:50 AM 07-20-2011
Originally Posted by erinalexmom:
I think the first step would be to go to the daycare teachers with your concerns. They honestly might not realize its an issue until you bring it to thier attention.
I agree with this. Open communication is always best. I always welcome parents coming to me with their concerns.
cheerfuldom 11:58 AM 07-20-2011
yup, talk to the teachers but don't expect much. You might have to find a new daycare because there is only so much the teachers can do (especially if the rooms are full to capacity) and they won't kick the olders out just to keep one preschooler.
Cat Herder 12:44 PM 07-20-2011
I recommend checking out this site...read both the kids AND parent sections. Pay close attention to what the definition of a bully is...it is a loaded term (think about what would happen to anyone saying "sexual harrassment" in your work place where someone in management could hear ).

IME, some kids think that if the older kids will not include them in a game, give in to their demands or "pet" them like an indulgent adult they are being "bullied".

This is an issue you most likely will be dealing with for the next 14 years in public school. How you approach it will set the stage for his entire school career.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotion...r/bullies.html
Tags:bully, bullying
Reply Up