Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>MMK--"Other Activites" For T/S %
SilverSabre25 01:59 PM 03-09-2011
Do I really have to enter stuff like cleaning day by day...or can I do it, like, month by month and enter the total number of hours I spent cleaning or whatever outside of daycare hours?
Michael 03:29 PM 03-09-2011
I put a lot of TAGS that may apply to your question. Click on them on the bottom left.
TomCopeland 03:36 PM 03-09-2011
Keeping track of hours worked after the children are gone is difficult, but extremely important.
The IRS is likely to accept up to one hour a day on such activities without much backup evidence. But most providers are spending 10+ hours a week on such activities.
I would strongly recommend entering at least 2 months of actual hours worked in MM on a daily basis. Then use the average per month for the rest of the year. Do this every year. Without at least 2 months of these records, you are guessing and probably underreporting your hours.
SilverSabre25 03:40 PM 03-09-2011
Thanks, Tom, that's not *quite* what I meant though! I have my records from last year, and I'm now trying to enter all those records into the computer...I was wondering if it will look weird if I just do an entry that includes my totalled up cleaning hours for each month, etc, rather than doing "Dec 1--45 mins" Dec 2--30 mins" and so on.

I've been doing it daily for this year because I can do it as I go...I'm just 28 weeks pregnant and lazy as all get out right now and want to know if I can take that shortcut or if I have to tough it out and do it the hard way.
daycare 03:50 PM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Thanks, Tom, that's not *quite* what I meant though! I have my records from last year, and I'm now trying to enter all those records into the computer...I was wondering if it will look weird if I just do an entry that includes my totalled up cleaning hours for each month, etc, rather than doing "Dec 1--45 mins" Dec 2--30 mins" and so on.

I've been doing it daily for this year because I can do it as I go...I'm just 28 weeks pregnant and lazy as all get out right now and want to know if I can take that shortcut or if I have to tough it out and do it the hard way.
hey im not pg and I dont want to do it that way either...lmao I dont have an excuse....
legomom922 05:20 PM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

I entered everything on eby one, however when it came time to put in time for emails etc, I did it by the week, so for an example I would enter the ending week date and put " week of Aug 1 email clients, 30 minutes" There is really no other way that I know of to log things that take up less than 15 min, so it just seemed easier to do it this way. I dont know if its correct or not, but I didnt know how to enter 2 minutes into the system.
TomCopeland 08:38 AM 03-10-2011
If you've got careful records outside of MM, then it's okay to enter "January 23 hours other activities" rather than entering in every time you worked. Save your other records.

Entering hours by the week into MM is also okay.
Tags:deductible, deduction - household items, deduction - landscape, deduction limit, mmk, time space percentage, tom copeland
Reply Up