Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>That One Child
DCMomOf3 06:16 AM 01-31-2011
Your trouble maker/ring leader/ the one who doesnt' listen....

I have one child that changes the dynamic of my home and I get tired even thinking about the day when I know they are coming. I know some of you have kids like this, how do you prepare yourself knowing they are coming?
Cat Herder 06:38 AM 01-31-2011
I place a star on the calendar exactly 30 days from the day I begin to dread a childs arrival. If I have not seen improvement or had sufficient parental involvement for a resolution then that will become the date the parent will receive their termination letter.

Rarely does it get to that point, but it gives me a light at the end of the tunnel so I do not focus on just the negatives, but the "due date of a challenging project" instead. It is all about perspective, it seems.
Annette 10:22 AM 01-31-2011
Good advise, but I woudn't wait 30 days, maybe 2 weeks. Not worth the stress or upsetting the whole program.
Sunny Day 10:24 AM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I place a star on the calendar exactly 30 days from the day I begin to dread a childs arrival. If I have not seen improvement or had sufficient parental involvement for a resolution then that will become the date the parent will receive their termination letter.

Rarely does it get to that point, but it gives me a light at the end of the tunnel so I do not focus on just the negatives, but the "due date of a challenging project" instead. It is all about perspective, it seems.
Genius! I need to do that. It seems that I ALWAYS have one of them! lol. This is bad advice, and I don't recommend it, but I usually try and try with the child until I'm ready to break down--it gets depressing and takes over my life! I have this awful thought though, that if I terminate, I've failed or I'm doing a disservice to the child or family Not good advice, I'm sorry, I will be watching this thread to see what other's suggest!!!
WImom 10:27 AM 01-31-2011

I love this!! Luckily I don't have this problem right now but I'm sure my time will come.
SilverSabre25 10:29 AM 01-31-2011

That's a great idea! I'll have to file it away for the future.

Unfortunately my "that kid" right now is only 15 months and I know that there's little to do but wait it out a bit. She's still very new. And really annoying. She's one that if she doesn't have something inappropriate to touch/someone to bother, she sits in one place like a lump.
lil angels 10:39 AM 01-31-2011
I had one child that I was so not into she was so naughty. I would talk to mom about it and she would say the same things would go on at home and she would lock her in her room at night because she wouldn't stay in there and the list goes on and on. I couldn't just give her notice so I started calling her to pick her up when I couldn't control her. After a couple of weeks of calling her daily she asked me if I wanted to watch her anymore. It worked ok not that that was the right thing to do but I had to be done and did not know how to do it.
Tags:bully, dominant child, ring leader
Reply Up