Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Old Daycare / New Daycare (Bit Long)
mommysgrowinup 07:44 AM 12-08-2011
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself as a new member and say thanks for all the wonderful info! I have a bit of a problem maybe you all came help. I have 10 yrs exp working in other home daycare, but have not done so in many years. (Stay at home mom, but kids are well done now) So, we bought a big house big fenced yard, nice quiet neighborhood. (A bit late, yeah?) Did extensive renovation, place was well disgusting. Hubby's lost 25% of pay due to hour cuts, so i think "Wow, a small home daycare would be perfect" So now I find out from neighbor that previous owner had an unlicensed daycare and was shut down by health dept! Probably fire marshall too, had a wood stove being vented through whole house. So, my question is, since I'm just starting out, how do I differentiate myself from these people? I'm worried about potential clients seeing the address and thinking I am the old owner. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Zoe 11:03 AM 12-08-2011
Did that daycare have a name? Find out, name your daycare something else and when you advertise, say something along the lines of "new owner" or something to that affect. Chances are the old daycare's generation of clients may have outgrown the need for daycare and this generation won't even be aware of it, kwim? And if anyone asks, just tell the truth. They were the previous owners of the house, you've done extensive renovations and have no association.
Reply Up