Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Forum Glitchy Today?
laundrymom 11:36 AM 01-25-2016
Is the forum glitchy today for anyone else. Or just me?
LysesKids 12:22 PM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Is the forum glitchy today for anyone else. Or just me?
Nope, I'm having issues too
Michael 12:45 PM 01-25-2016
BlackCat messaged me about it. Its a couple problems. Both Chinese and Russian spammers and hackers are trying to access my servers. Also Microsoft is crawling the bejesus out of the databases and it is overwhelming the Daycare.com server. You would think that they would do it during slow hours.

Most people don't realize that companies with servers have to pay for broadband. Not the type you get at home but the industrial type that costs $1500 a month and more. The more visits the server gets, the more broadband I need to pay for. I don't mind paying for real visitors but when you have Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and a hundred other search companies trying to crawl every bit of your content every day, it costs me money and makes it hard for you to access the site.

Search is BIG business and they make us little companies pay for it. That is why Daycare.com is such a great name. Everyone can use the address without using a search engine to find us. But people have become accustomed to using Google everyday even if its to find Amazon when they could just simple type Amazon.com in the browser address bar.

This is my vent for the day.
laundrymom 04:29 PM 01-25-2016
Thank you so much for everything you do. Seriously, can't the hackers just let you have a quiet 2016?
midaycare 05:07 PM 01-25-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:
BlackCat messaged me about it. Its a couple problems. Both Chinese and Russian spammers and hackers are trying to access my servers.
Is this a normal thing to have to worry about?

Search is BIG business and they make us little companies pay for it. That is why Daycare.com is such a great name. Everyone can use the address without using a search engine to find us. But people have become accustomed to using Google everyday even if its to find Amazon when they could just simple type Amazon.com in the browser address bar.

This is my vent for the day.
*Hides head in shame*
Tags:forum problem
Reply Up