Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wow This Has Gone On Long Too Long
ilikemilk 10:34 AM 04-27-2010
A child at my daycare will punchkock and choke children at random for no reason. Hard choke by the way. When we set him in time out he cusses at us teachers and will scratch punch and kick. Our daycar owners know but they do nothing. Parents know they laugh about his behavior. Dad told us what do you want me to do about it... wow bad parentig. Is there any action i can take?

This child is a big threat to other children hes 5. Ty for help
Chickenhauler 12:15 AM 04-28-2010
If you and your co-workers are all on the same page, go to the director and explain that NONE of you will be caring for this child any longer.

If the director wants to continue to keep this child in the center, this child is now the directors personal shadow from now on.

Explain, as a group, that this is either dealt with, or they are going to have to invest in advertising to fill several slots in the employment roster.

The more co-workers you have on board, the more this will get the directors attention.

I highly doubt they are going to risk being severely understaffed just to keep one problem child on the rolls.
gbcc 03:19 AM 04-28-2010
I worked as a preschool teacher once and experienced this. The director refused to terminate the child. He was 4 years old pushing kids down, stepping on them, and then hitting them over the head with a wooden block. Daily issues after issues. He hit a pregnant co-worker in the stomach and that's when I called CPS on the director. She has an obligation to protect all children at the center, since she failed to protect them or make strides to improve safety she was held accountable under CPS standards. If she refuses to address it, you may need to be drastic in your decision.
judytrickett 04:13 AM 04-28-2010
I'm not in the states so what I say may be completely off base but....

I can only assume that her role as a director is to maintain a SAFE and secure environment for all children. Keeping this child in care does not allow for the safety of others. Therefore, I can also assume you should be able to report this to the licensing or other state officiating board to investigate.

How is having and keeping a child that is abusive to the other kids any different than keeping an abusive staff member?? It's STILL abuse.
ilikemilk 04:44 AM 04-28-2010
Ok ok ty soo much for help great appreciated. Hm cps eh i like id love to.

But co workers and i have took him to the office many times. The directors do not care and i mean do not care for the help
Vesta 05:17 AM 04-28-2010
Can you get a parent to complain to CPS?
If a parent complains I think they are obligated to send someone out to observe, whether the director likes it or not.
Chickenhauler 11:33 AM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by ilikemilk:
Ok ok ty soo much for help great appreciated. Hm cps eh i like id love to.

But co workers and i have took him to the office many times. The directors do not care and i mean do not care for the help

I've had employers like that before. I treated them the same way they treated me.

I found a new job, and told them at quitting time on my last day that I would no longer be working for them.

My thinking is, this employer would fire me at the drop of a hat for whatever reason they can dream up instantly, so why can't I quit on a moments notice?
Tags:violent behaviour, violent child
Reply Up